View Full Version : Mental Tic's

Crazygirl79
01-17-06, 08:30 PM
Hey People.

I'm just wondering how many people with TS or forms of TS have this little problem?

Scenario: I'm involved in a car crash and suddenly a hilarious thought pops into your mind and you start nearly laughing at a really inappropriate time (this is only an example)

Thanks
Selena:confused:

Naomi2
02-03-06, 01:44 PM
Yes. Sometimes it seems to others that I'm laughing for no reason, but it would take far too long to exapling why I was laughing and what I was laughing at. It's really annoying. I was talking about a radio drama once after someone on it had got raped and I started laughing :(

I get tonnes of other mental tics all the time as well :mad:

Crazygirl79
02-05-06, 08:32 PM
Naomi2
Thanks for your reply

jaz-z0r
02-08-06, 10:18 AM
I get them too, at the most innaproppiate times too.
Example of when I was at the vet with my friend putting down his dog, and when they injected the dog with the shot I started laughing. It really ****ed off my friend,and he was even more mad that I couldnt explain why I was laughing. This use to happen when I was much younger too. I use to get spanked with cooking tools and this thick wooden sword. Everytime I was in very much pain, but I would start laughing which would get me beat even harder.

Naomi2
02-08-06, 10:56 AM
Naomi2
Thanks for your reply
Glad to be useful :)

Naomi2
02-08-06, 10:56 AM
I use to get spanked with cooking tools and this thick wooden sword.
Bl**dy hell! :eek:

Scattered
02-08-06, 12:14 PM
Hey People.

I'm just wondering how many people with TS or forms of TS have this little problem?

Scenario: I'm involved in a car crash and suddenly a hilarious thought pops into your mind and you start nearly laughing at a really inappropriate time (this is only an example)

Thanks
Selena:confused:Actually, this isn't just a TS thing -- I was at a workshop once and we had to look deeply into the eyes of the partner we were partnered with and a numbered of people started giggling. The instructor said that's frequently an anxiety reaction people have -- to giggle at totally inappropriate times. I know I've done it when I was being yelled at and didn't think it was at all funny, but here I was giggling. I wouldn't be surprised if it's more common for folks with TS or related forms of TS, because anxiety issues are going to be more common. (I have mild forms of TS -- my grandfather and brother have the full syndrome).

I also have some wooden spoons in my past, but thankfully I don't believe I ever giggled then.

Scattered

Naomi2
03-03-06, 02:41 PM
Originally Posted by Crazygirl79
Hey People.

Thanks
Selena:confused:

Actually, this isn't just a TS thing -- I was at a workshop once and we had to look deeply into the eyes of the partner we were partnered with and a numbered of people started giggling. The instructor said that's frequently an anxiety reaction people have -- to giggle at totally inappropriate times. I know I've done it when I was being yelled at and didn't think it was at all funny, but here I was giggling. I wouldn't be surprised if it's more common for folks with TS or related forms of TS, because anxiety issues are going to be more common. (I have mild forms of TS -- my grandfather and brother have the full syndrome).

I also have some wooden spoons in my past, but thankfully I don't believe I ever giggled then.

Scattered
Yes, but what you are describing, Scattered is different to what Crazygirl was saying:

Crazygirl was saying that an inappropriate thought would pop into her head at the most inappropriate moments.

Scattered, you were saying that some people laugh randomly as a nervous response, without any thoughts coming into their head.

I don't know if either is a mental tic, but Crazygirl's may be.