View Full Version : Excellent doctor (MD) in Idaho

Carol
01-28-06, 05:07 PM
Hi All! My doctor, Dr. Debra Gorin, has moved to Idaho Falls, and I just wanted to let you folks in Idaho know how fortunate you are to have her nearby. She evaluated me, diagnosed my ADD/ADHD, prescribed medication, and adjusted it until it was just right for me. This has changed my life. My son was also diagnosed and treated by her.
I was so sad to see her relocate, but I wanted all of you looking for a doctor in Idaho to know about her. I know how hard it is to find the right doctor, and she is amazing.
Dr. Gorin is board-certified in psychiatry and neurology -- which I believe must be exactly the right combination of disciplines to treat ADD/ADHD, especially since it is a neurological disorder, often accompanied by anxiety or depression. But, also important, she is very easy to talk to, and you just feel comfortable around her.
I should add that I'm a research psychologist (PhD), and if you think you might have ADD/ADHD, you need to see someone who can prescribe medication if you need it, and you probably will. Psychologists and social workers are great for supportive therapy and coaching, but they cannot prescribe medication.
Feel free to email me if I can help, and here's the contact information for Dr. Gorin, including her website ( http://www.doctorgorin.com/ ):
Debra S. Gorin, M.D., P.A.
1970 E. 17th Street Ste. 202
Idaho Falls, ID 83404
Phone: 208.535.8549

mctavish23
01-28-06, 09:00 PM
Welcome to the Forum.

It's very nice to have you here.

If we can help,please ask.

tc
mctavish23(Robert)

Carol
01-29-06, 01:22 AM
Thanks so much for the warm welcome, very much appreciate it. I see from perusing your posts that you are very research-oriented. Being recently diagnosed, I have a lot of catching up to do in terms of the ADHD literature, so I'm glad to find like-minded people here.