View Full Version : Intro: New To Forums

strawberry_fool
01-30-06, 04:08 PM
Hi all,

I'm in my early 30's and was diagnosed with ADD 'officially' around 5 months ago, though I've likely had it all my life. My doctor prescribed Strattera and I noticed results right away, particularly at work. Shortly after he also prescribed Zoloft, which I've had no ill effects from but I'm not sure I notice any difference since starting it.

At this point I'm most interested in non-drug treatments for my problems. I have managed to get myself through grad school and into a career I enjoy, though not in a efficient or timely manner. I'd like to become more organized and a better time manager rather than ripping through things on an adrenaline rush. But it's the effects of ADD on my confidence and social life that cause me the most pain and I'm finding are the most difficult for me to overcome.

I have little social confidence at all and I'm exhausted after years of being lonely and miserable but pretending not to be. I've researched CBT, groups, coaching but I'm not sure which route would be best. Though my financial situation may determine my path for me, I have decent health insurance but I doubt it would cover a coach or group.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!