View Full Version : Something weird happened

Naomi2
02-03-06, 01:57 PM
Something strange happened at college the other day and I was wondering if anyone here has experienced it before or if it is common in other people with Tourettes.

Here’s what happened:

I went into a room and saw someone talking to the teacher but he seemed to be speaking with no sound, like the teacher was lip-reading what he was saying. I could hear the voice but was blocked out in the background and was not ‘put together’ with the sight of him talking – it was like the sound ‘cut out’/was 'put to back of my mind’ as background noise. Anyway, I wondered why he wasn’t talking with sound, then my brain suddenly put the sound with the vision and he ‘started talking properly’. It was really weird.

I told my mum and she thought it was weird too.

Please, please let me know if anyone else here has experienced the same thing and please also let me know if this is particularly common in people with Tourettes.

jaz-z0r
02-08-06, 10:35 AM
Interesting.. That's never happend to me before. Although I do remember when a teacher was talking to me once in the highschool days and I blurted out ' shut up ! '
Everyone in the class looked at me, but she already knew I had tourettes.

Naomi2
02-08-06, 10:37 AM
That must have been embarassing. Thank goodness your teacher did know about it already :) :p