View Full Version : Strange perceptions - common in Tourettes?

Naomi2
02-05-06, 12:41 PM
Strange perceptions - can anyone tell me what are the following are all about? I feel like I am often subjected to peculiar perceptions and feelings which are really hard (almost impossible) to explain and are more than just feelings.

I will do my best to describe them as clearly as possible.

Basically, I keep getting fairly frequent (but not that often) sudden strange feelings and perceptions here are some past examples:

I was on a camping expedition and I was tying a piece of string onto a branch and it suddenly felt so terribly important, like the entire importance of the world lay within that string and the way it hung off the branch!
I felt that I was looking back at myself from the future (which led to the realisation ‘this is my past’).
I perceived/felt an apple in a cup (this is impossible to explain).
I suddenly felt that I could fly (although I knew I couldn’t!)
I thought/perceived that my drink could not be spilt. (This, too, is impossible to explain).
I felt that everyone in the high-street was moving in slow motion although obviously I knew they weren't. This lasted for about 5-7 seconds.
Any suggestions/explanations? :confused:
<!-- / message -->

Crazygirl79
02-05-06, 08:33 PM
I can't think of any incidences of hand but I can relate to what your talking about!