View Full Version : Sensory Integration and Music

Crazygirl79
02-07-06, 11:07 PM
Hi People.

Ever since I was a young child, I would rock from side to side in a sitting position to favourite music either heard on the radio/cd or tunes in my head, I would also hum or sing along as well.

Strangely when I was 16 I actually stopped rocking for 5 years but the behaviour was replaced by pacing (which I still do sometimes) and just 2 years ago the rocking started again and it's getting back to it most annoying pattern, someone told me that I might have serious vestibular (movement) and auditory (hearing) sensory issues, I also hum musical tunes when I'm in movement such as walking, sitting on a moving bus, car or train, even when typing message (which is I guess a form of movement)

Can someone please tell me if they've had similar experiences.

Thanks
Selena:confused:

ADHDDeeJay
02-13-06, 04:01 AM
Dunno if what you are experiencing is too terribly unsual... I nod my head and tap my feet automatically to a good beat. I think you need to hit the dance floor!! :D

Crazygirl79
02-16-06, 07:25 PM
Ha ha ha!...I need to hit the dance floor??...geez I used to do that a while ago and thanks for the reply.

bandie08
12-11-07, 08:54 AM
Hahah if ur a music person like me you conduct the time signitures of the song. Im such a band geek.

Crazygirl79
12-11-07, 09:14 PM
I'm more into the old time stuff as opposed to live bands, I'm not one for nightclubs now that I'm older...lol:p

Selena:)

aloha1983
02-14-08, 05:08 AM
Same here if I'm in a busy place I will try to think of a song to control my breathing :)