View Full Version : And now on to Modafinil...

addinbc
02-23-06, 05:19 PM
Hello there;

Well, the Wellbutrin trial did not work. It made me feel AWFUL!!

Yesterday afternoon, my doctor prescribed me some Modafinil (Alertec) to take with my Strattera (YAY!). I've been wanting to give this a shot for a while now.

This morning, I took 50mg as I tend to be VERY sensitive to these meds, and want to START LOW and GO SLOW!!

And so far.......

Not sure.

For the first couple of hours, I thought it was doing absolutely nothing. I still felt tired, and actually just wanted to nap.

Now, I feel it is definitely doing something, I'm just not sure what. My body feels a bit tired and weak (asthenia? - I saw this listed as one of the 'common' side effects), I have a minor headache, a bit of a buzzing in my ears, but I am awake. I feel almost as though half of me wants to get up and do a million things, and the other half of me is saying "no way!".

Also, I am noticing a slight "calming" of my mind...especially with respect to reading which is good...!

So far I have definitely been able to tolerate this, so I am going to keep up with it for sure, and hopefully my body will adjust.

We'll see what happens......
I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Allison78
02-24-06, 06:09 PM
I'll be very curious to hear about your experiences on this med. I've recently become interested in it since I'm the poster child for inattentive ADHD, and a little waking up seems like exactly what my brain needs. Anyway, keep us posted!