View Full Version : ADD and BI-Polar ?

retired adder
02-24-06, 12:27 PM
Anyone have ADD and a Bi-Polar condition? My son has Add and went back to college to add a teaching cert. to his degree. He changed to something, I forgot as I'm ADD, then changed again to religious studies. Now he wants to leave wife and children and go to a monastery for awhile. He says God is leading him to do this. Is this Bi-polar thinking? He has no history of mental disorders, but has the Add problems.

Matt S.
02-24-06, 01:54 PM
I carry the ADHD w/ Bipolar Disorder dx and it does sound a little grandiose is his speech faster if it is than he may have a bit of a manic streak. If he has inattentive add he may get hyper if he takes stimulants also but i haven't heard of that occuring w/ inattentive add before i am not sure because everyone is different...

retired adder
02-24-06, 04:33 PM
His speech isn't faster. He is not on medication. He does not have any hyperactivity. Thanks for your reply.

speedo
02-24-06, 05:59 PM
bipolar disorder is all about rapid changes in mood. Bipolars can swing from deep, dark depression to giddy , even violent highs. To watch someone in the throes of bipolar mania can be more than a little disturbing... it all depends on the individual.

Me :D

retired adder
02-25-06, 10:45 PM
Thank you for the info. I guess something else is wrong.

speedo
02-25-06, 10:48 PM
Maybe he is just looking for answers, just like everybody else ?

ME :D