View Full Version : Education

Geneviève
03-21-06, 10:56 PM
Hello,

I'm an early childhood educator, and I have ADHD. It is something I have recently been diagnosed. I am looking for more ways to be effective and competent in my every day job. I am medicated with Ritalin which I take twice a day but I am looking for more advice and tricks and things that could make my every day life more livable.

Thank you.

Nucking_Futs
03-21-06, 11:28 PM
Could you give more information on things or situations in which you seem to have no or little control? I need specifics to be more helpful.

Thanks
Cherity

ps
Thank you not an easy profession you've chosen...I know I have 3 lil ones.

Geneviève
03-22-06, 12:11 AM
I take care of 8 children age 2 and a half to 3 and a half. The problems I encounter are manely getting the children's attention and retaning it, what we call group gestion. Also, I sometime experience trouble seing everything that goes around in my "classroom". It is not easy, and so I read, to maintain a good discipline when you have ADHd.

Geneviève
03-23-06, 09:48 PM
I think the time I have more difficulty maintaining discipline and order is during transition times and during our daily routines. Are there any strategies to help me through these times that are a bit harder for me???

chloe516
03-23-06, 09:53 PM
Genevive,
You may want to PM ms_sunshine for a password to the private teacher's forum.