View Full Version : Effexor and strattera withdrawls?

smileh1985
03-25-06, 11:54 PM
So after browsing on this messageboard I've heard about effexor withdrawls which seem to be hell. Right now I"m taking Strattera and effexor and have been taking it for almost 2 years. When I don't take my stratera by like 9 am ... like if I'm sleeping in and don't wake up until 11 am.... I will start having really bizarre dreams about whatever issues I am worried about in my life, and I will also feel really sad and depressed when I wake up. Now I don't think either of these meds are helping my ADHD so I'm going to the doc on tuesday to get everything straightened out. I'm guessing I'm going to need to be taken off of the Effexor and Strattera. Do people normally have strattera withdrawls? I was kind of expecting my doctor to ween me off of these medications within a week or so but from what I've read on this forum, its going to take months???? Geeezzz... So if my doctor prescribes me another medication for my adhd it will have to mix with effexor... Won't that cause some weird and bad side effects? Effexor sucks and I wish I had never taken it! Can people ellaborate more on the effexor withdrawls and strattera withdrawls (if there are any)?

MissyMess
03-26-06, 11:50 AM
I went off of Effexor because I did not like the side effects when I had to miss a day, or was late taking it. I generally would take my meds at night, and if I forgot, I would be awakened about 4 hours into my sleep by the most bizarre and horrific dreams.

My doc weaned me off the Effexor and on to Wellbutrin over the course of about two weeks. Can't remember the details, but it was not too bad. Everytime we took it down a notch I had either a nightmare or vomiting. Considering the side effects when I had to miss a day, I was expecting the withdrawl to be much worse. When I missed a dose I was hysterical, crying, out of control, vomiting. A basket case. I am currently on Celexa and Strattera.

smileh1985
03-27-06, 12:00 AM
Those dreams are what happens when I don't take effexor on time in the morning. Does anyone else have any terror stories or good stories about straterra or effexor withdrawls?

mrsvoorhees26
03-27-06, 08:48 PM
i went off of effexor about two months ago due to side effects that made my IBS worse, and i had no problem at all...i did a slow titrate down from 300 to 225 to 75 then i was off of it. it took about two weeks to do it and i felt fine. my doc was worried about the withdrawl, and said i would feel like i had the flu, but i was fine. i take other meds so maybe that is why i didnt go through the usual withdrawl hell that everyone speaks of.
about the dream thing...i take starttera too and one day i forgot to take it and had the worst nightmare ever. i never dream of my mother, who passed three years ago, and i dreamt of her, but in a horrible way. i will never forget my strattera again!
-heather

lelahaha
01-06-08, 03:38 PM
I'm going of effexor this month due to it making my depression worse. What can I expect when the withdrawl kicks in? :confused: