View Full Version : Did anyone else procrastinate on completing the questionaires?

ClearConfusion
03-28-06, 10:40 PM
I'm currently going through the diagnosing process. I've met with a psychiatrist twice, she has also met my parents and boyfriend, and I'm going to meet with a psychologist who's going to test me.

The psychiatrist gave me some questionaires to complete the first time I was there. This was in December and I still haven't completed them!!

I take them out every now and then (if I remember :o) and try to fill something in, but it takes so much effort that I'll soon put them away again. I'm writing loads of comments like "Yes, I often forget to take things with me, or lose things (like important papers) at home, but no I hardly ever lose anything when I'm out and about cause I always check that my purse is closed and that everything that's supposed to be in my pocket is there."

Well, maybe I'll be able to do a bit tommorrow.

Tara
03-28-06, 11:34 PM
I'm sure I would have either procrastinated or lost the questionnaires if I was sent home with them. Maybe if you actually bring them back in a reasonable amount of time they will rule out AD/HD...lol

chameleon
03-29-06, 12:13 AM
You don't have to add the comments do you? Just fly through it checking the "yes" or "no" boxes...no examples needed. If your psych needs clarity he/she can ask you to be more detailed.
I didn't have to give examples....and yes, I put it off 'til the last minute :D

ClearConfusion
03-29-06, 07:21 AM
I'm sure I would have either procrastinated or lost the questionnaires if I was sent home with them. Maybe if you actually bring them back in a reasonable amount of time they will rule out AD/HD...lol
lol..It crossed my mind that they might think like that too!

ClearConfusion
03-29-06, 07:47 AM
You don't have to add the comments do you? Just fly through it checking the "yes" or "no" boxes...no examples needed. If your psych needs clarity he/she can ask you to be more detailed.
No, I don't have to add comments, it's just that some questions are very difficult to answer. They're not "yes" or "no" questions, but you're supposed to check if you have the problems "never, or almost never" and then three levels in between, and then "all the time".

So for example the statement (cause it's really not questions, but statements) "I'm forgetful, I often lose things, for example wallet, keys." would have me check two boxes: "I'm forgetful, and I often lose things at home.": "all the time", "I lose my wallet and keys when I'm out and about." "never, or almost never".

I didn't have to give examples....and yes, I put it off 'til the last minute :D I don't even have a deadline. She just told me to send them in. One of these days it might actually happen. :D

chaft
03-29-06, 08:04 AM
I filled no questionaire on my own.. I met 2 times with my doc n shed asked me questions.. then i did a computerized test.. But i would have lost the questionaire for sure.

Bean Delphiki
03-29-06, 08:08 AM
Haha, oh yeah. I had one set of questions my school disability services counselor gave me, and I did them in her waiting room before I left because I knew I'd never finish them and send them in.

Then, when I went to get evaluated, I was given some more, and filled them in on the train on the way to my appointment, and in the bathroom at her office. LOL.

5miraclez
03-29-06, 08:58 PM
If they send me home with a questionere, I'm in trouble. I would first procrastinate doing it, then I'd not be able to find it, then I'd find it but not be able to complete it in a few minutes so I'd stop, then loose it again. Finally after having spilled stuff on it and finding it under the couch, I'd not be able to find an envelope to mail it then I'd forget to take it with me to the post office.

When I have to turn papers in for something (like my kids school) I have to sit down right then and fill it out and hand it back to them or it will never get there.

meadd823
04-03-06, 03:40 AM
"I'm forgetful, I often lose things, for example wallet, keys." would have me check two boxes:

Does it have a separate list for loosing questionnaire -lol..

I am sorry before medications the doctor would never see the paper again...me I wouldn't think of the stupid thing until I and only if I was asked about the questionnaire on the following visit!!!

The pediatrician gave me one for one of my daughters... I lost paper first time....she lost it two subsequent times ....third trip to get another teacher questionnaire the secretary gave me three copies.......I finally bypassed daughter personally handed the paper to the teacher my self.....who promptly filled it out followed by making the mistake of handing the filled out paper to daughter who lost two previous copies and true to form she lost the teacher one...twice!!! I finally handed teacher third questionnaire with stamped envelope addressed to pediatrician.. :faint: ..gravy!!!! My “parental” questionnaire I had of coa rse lost, totlally forgotten about. I filled in the day of our follow up.....along bottom of this paper I reminded doctor of how many copies of teacher were required and asked if there were really any need for further testing!!! :eyebrow:

Daughter was diagnosis with ADD alright and I was told that they believed that ADD ran in families and it may be worth having her mother evaluated for same disorder.....I was diagnosed six months later! :rolleyes:

Sane_man
04-18-06, 10:30 AM
There's a whole bunch need doing right now. I know though every time I lose a job and have to apply for benefits, I now do it on the exact same day I get the forms, I've had sooo much crap with missing appointments there and the like that I get myself into gear immediately (anyone on the dole in the UK will know they treat you like a potential criminal rather than someone looking for work).

I hate forms though. GOD I HATE FORMS!!! Does anyone else get really frustrated at them? If I come across a question like the date of birth of someone I live with or what their annual income is, I just scream at it and throw it down. If I can't fill it out all in one easy go I go mental. Especially dates and times, I can't remember what I was doing this time LAST WEEK, how on earth am I supposed to know what day my previous employment was terminated?

whoo, rant out, nearly burned my pizza while writing that.. mmm, jalapenos..

But yes question stands, do many of you get frustrated whilst trying to fill them out, or simply forget to do them?