View Full Version : me bibolar?

Anonymous_steve
04-04-06, 07:31 AM
O.k. so I as diagnosed with add after some time testing with my shrinks therapist, they found that indeed I did have add and anxiety problems and I totally agree. I was already taking welbutrin and Ritalin, we increased the Ritalin to 30mgs 2 times a day and it didnít help much so I called to ask about a change in meds. I went for an appointment and she asked how the Ritalin was working I said it calms me down a bit but dos not help with concentration. She left and came out with a pamphlet on bipolar and a sample pack of lamictal. I do not have highs and lows, I do get angry sometimes for like 10 minutes but I can control it and it goes away. I do like the idea of the lamictal as a mood stabilizer to help with anxiety. I do not swing between moods. I donít get it, I do see the therapist may 17 and I will discuss it with him more. Why do they keep insisting add has more thing associated with it? I know I have anxiety issues and problems with concentration (add), they both kind of depress me, separate me a little but no huge swings or severe depression.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

speedo
04-04-06, 07:37 PM
ADHD and bipolar disorder can be hard to distinguish. Also, some people with bipolar disorder don't rapid cycle... they cycle over a period of monts or even years.

Stimulants work on ADHD. They improve concentration. If you take a stimulant and are still scattered, then something else is going on besides ADHD, or maybe in addition to it....

Try the lamictal the doctor gave to you. No matter what the label is, if the meds work for you, they are the right med for you. :)

ME :D

Anonymous_steve
04-05-06, 09:39 AM
I will try the medecation even though all my life i have, and others suspected add. I also have had anxioty probelems since as far as i can remember. My wife, of 15 years also say no to bipolor. I am not depresed, i do no seem to change much through the years, except the past year. trying to change my life for the better ex: quit smoking, quit coffee, started working out, and also getting anxioty and add under control.
If bipolor that would be a great thing to know but with reasearch I do not see it in me. I do see the adhd in my sun, I do see him doing the same kinds of things as me as a kid. I work really extreamly hard to work at work, i have never been fired from a job i just have been struggling all my life with add symptoms, I tested for add and it was a definate positive.