10-22-03, 10:09 AM
How many of u have trouble at work concentrating and does anyone have similar concentration spans 2 me (30 sec on a bad day without meds). Wheel1975 gave me some helpful hints on how 2 stay calm but the other day when on here my meds ran out (sometimes they tail off quickly instead of slowly over a period of time) but i was just wondering if many people find it so hard. It is really bad cos u have 2 choices, try and work through it eventually giving up as i cant control it, or just give up without a fight. Personnally i dont like either option as they dont offer much in the way of finishing the task set. Sometimes i will start writing also and just get lost in it all and be typing for the sake of typing. At the moment i am pretty ok and should be 4 some time 2 go. By the time u lot r out of beds (time difference and all) my meds will probably have worn off!! Oh well. This is probably a useless thread but sometimes you just have 2 get things off ur chest and i figured this is as good a place as any. I also get paranoid about other people and find it hard 2 phone people etc. i will send a text and then be wondering why i havnt got a response and end up thinking about things like "what if im annoying them" or "what if they just dont want 2 know" i also often find myself saying things like "just tell me 2 shut up if i go on too much". I do that cos as u can see very plainly i do go on and on. I am trying 2 stop that, but i still end up saying just tell me 2 shut up if i go on too much!! Well my thread started out at one topic and has gone all the way around again. Typical 4 me. As scatty as anything!!
Dude, don't ever be concerned that we think you're going on and on and on too much. We ALL get a case of KBD from time to time! ;) (keyboard diarrhea) We ALL have those times (or all the time) where there are so many thoughts running end-to-end and on top of each other in our minds that we just have to let it out.
You've come to a safe place to vent or whatever. You're part of the fam, man!
As far as your losing concentration at work, sometimes I just have to get up and "take a lap" around the floor or walk the stairs for a while (the stairwells are pretty quiet, actually, and it's not like I'm trying to exercise, I'm just getting away from my desk for a while and "giving in" to my racing mind for a bit) or I'll even go down to street level and walk around the city block.... When I realize I need a break/have lost ability to concentrate/stay motivated to work, I find that a change of scenery tends to help a little bit, but it's always a "self-talk/self-coaching" challenge with me....
10-22-03, 01:42 PM
Great. Thanks. I have been here so long actually. I have been online since 8:45am GMT and it is now 6:38pm. And they say we dont have staying power!! Ha is what i have 2 say 2 that!! But now my butt hurts and the blood has settled in my legs. Probably not too bad as there is too little blood 2 pump around my brain and thus no thoughts running so darn fast!! lol. Well actually my meds tailed off about an hour or 2 ago and so im doing very well considering. I would walk outside too but its about 2C outside and its wet and...well...its the UK what can i say. I have a cynical sense of humour when im not on meds. Shame my meds suppress it. Its can be really good sometimes. Or so the voices in my head tell me anyway!! lol (*kidding*)
You are too funny! :D And you soooo fit right in around here! :)
10-22-03, 01:50 PM
well im glad about that. i feel like im amongst family and all that. only u dont bite like mine, having being been raised by wolves in the pennines. (not true, but still feel like it from time 2 time!!) my parents r really supportive 99% of the time. the other 1% they resemble frankinsteins worse nightmare!! laughter is the best cure of all!!
Thank u ladies and gentlemen, and goodnight (4 me at least)!!
I will be back (not as a US govenor, although u never know!!)
Post free my friends.