View Full Version : Members in the MD/DC area

Nova
04-08-06, 05:48 PM
If there are members on this forum who live in the MD/DC area, who haven't signed on to this section, it would be greatly appreciated if you do.

We coordinate a lunch for members on this forum, in the surrounding areas- and it's incredibly difficult to locate members otherwise. Now that the weather is incredibly delicious- we hope to do it monthly !!!

You don't have to list your city- just replying to this thread will be sufficient.

If you have further hesitations doing that- please PM me or Speedo to receive future invites for the lunches.

Thanks

Nova

tristan k
04-08-06, 09:35 PM
Nova,

Sounds great especially now that grad school and reg. school are just about over. I'm northeast of baltimore.
be well,
tristan:rolleyes:

Nova
04-09-06, 01:01 AM
Yes !!!

Thanks Tristan !! (I still love your avatar Girlfriend !!!)

I'm hoping more people will 'sign on' so we can send them the invite..otherwise, like I said-it's impossible to figure out who's where on here if:

'WE DON'T KNOW WHERE Y'ALL ARE AT !!!'

LOL !!

Nova
07-10-06, 12:38 AM
Ok...here's the next DC/MD ADDF members get together !

Summer music festival

Saturday, June 15, 2006- 1:00 PM -Roosevelt Center, Greenbelt MD. 20770

Music, fun, and food until 10pm.

We'll have a sign on the table that claims 'ADDF MEET'.

Hope y'all will get together with us for fun, live music, food and another opportunity to meet one another !!

Any questions about directions ?
Send a private message to:
Speedo or Nova

See ya'll there !!!

Nova

william tell
07-10-06, 04:00 PM
Do they let people whom wear Calven Klien boxer briefs go to these things ?Cause we know some people don't care for them. What about dancing -Do they let people dance if they're so inclined ??? :p

Nova
07-10-06, 07:05 PM
You are sooooooo determined to be silly, aren't you, Will ? (0:

As long as you wear something over them- I don't think anyone there would care.

There will be different bands, playing (blues was the theme of the last fest), and so of course they allow dancing. It's outdoors- in a rotunda area, surrounded by a cafe, a Chinese restaurant, an ice cream shop, and other shops- so if you get hungry, there's plenty of food and beverages items, you can purchase.

Nova

Foot-in-mouth
07-10-06, 07:35 PM
Hmmmmm, interesting. Depending on when you do it, I might could come.

Chele77
07-11-06, 06:51 AM
Yeah, when is it? I might come too, depending on what day it is.:)

Nova
07-11-06, 09:47 AM
It's this Saturday- June 15th.

The location and time is in my original post about this. :)

I'm sorry, I should've bolded that info, in the original post- but I forgot. :eek:

Nova

Foot-in-mouth
07-11-06, 10:41 AM
nm nm nm

Chele77
07-11-06, 03:23 PM
Okay, I am sorry, I can't make it this Saturday, I am going home for a week. So, next time, I will. Sucks, I wish I could go.

P.S.-Sorry, I didn't notice the date on the earlier post (my ADD is in overdrive today) :o

Nova
07-11-06, 03:29 PM
No problem.
We'll see you at the next meet, Chele !

Nova

DaveHawk
07-12-06, 08:40 AM
I just got your PM sorry Nova, I have been very busy this summer and now I may have to have another knee surgery. I went to watch my oldest sons soft ball game last night and the other team was down a man so I subed , NOT GOOD. I played well but this morning my knee is out.

Let me know when you all will do lunch again.

Nova
07-14-06, 12:39 PM
Last reminder for ADDF meet-tomorrow !
Please PM Speedo or myself if you plan on joining us. (0:

Summer music festival

Saturday, June 15, 2006- 1:00 PM -Roosevelt Center, Greenbelt MD. 20770

Music, fun, and food until 10pm.

speedo
07-15-06, 11:07 PM
We had fun at the gathering. There was a lot of food and music. ( It was a blast! ) I hope more of you can make it the next time.

Me :D

mispiston
07-21-06, 03:15 PM
Hi MD area ADDers,
It's been awhile since I last posted but I was living overseas (due to husband's job). Sorry I missed the party but I just picked up this forum again.

Although I must seem like obsessed (see last post) regarding the availability of GSK Dexedrine spansules, I DID NOT plan on posting on this subject as I have been able to get my meds. HOWEVER, just before signing in, I stumbled on this little gem of info from a narcolepsy site:

http://www.talkaboutsleep.com/message-boards/viewtopic.php?p=111478&sid=60edcb0975bde398424e6f4d97ed39b2

Posted: June 29 2006 Post subject: Medication Shortage Alert Notice
As a member of NarNet, I received the following alert. I asked and was given permission to post this very important information on our message boards

Narcolepsy Network has learned through reports from several members that there is currently a nationwide shortage of dextroamphetmine tablets and capsules manufactured by Glaxo-Smithkline (GSK) and sold under the brand names Dexedrine and Dextrostat. A company representative attributed this shortage to "several challenges with [their] own internal processes" that have led to "supply issues", and estimates the shortage will continue until October 2006.

Many of us can only take the "brand" version of dextramphetamine, aka the "ridiculously priced older stim. whose patent ran out when Hitler took them!". Plus, the only generics (Mallinkrocdt or Shire) that approach the efficacy, not to mention lack of side effects, are almost as expensive as the brand so why buy them insuranced or not?!!

And yes, while I have been still able to fill my scripts with GSK spansules, the last 3X they had to be ordered specially (oooooo, do ya THINK Georgy is keepin track?! Will I soon answer that early AM doorknock while still in my see-thru nightie? :p ).

DCadult-Inatt
07-30-06, 11:36 PM
Hello all- Glad to see there is some talk about DC/MD/VA folks w/ADD. I'd be interested in the next get together.

Nova
08-01-06, 12:51 PM
Great to know, y'all !!

We'll post the next get together as soon as we can organize it. (0:

We try ot have it at a central location, to all members, who respond that they are coming to it, on this thread.

See y'all soon !
Nova

LyricallyE
12-28-06, 09:26 PM
In the house!! DELMARVA~!

speedo
12-28-06, 09:38 PM
Welcome! I'm in the metro DC area. We also have some other ADDers not far from me in MD, and Va.

ME :D

Nova
12-28-06, 09:39 PM
Hahaha !

I was wondering when you'd post on this thread !

Nice to meet ya !

I'm leaving the next MD/DC meetup/get together, to Speedo to handle, after the New Year's hoopla settles down.
Good thing we have great weather around here !

Nova
12-28-06, 09:39 PM
We know where you are, silly !

Just messin' with ya, lol !

LyricallyE
12-28-06, 09:41 PM
LOL! thanks. yea it takes me a while sometimes. Thanks for the welcome..its like a community inside a community. So what else am i missing.

LyricallyE
12-28-06, 09:42 PM
Hahaha !

I was wondering when you'd post on this thread !

Nice to meet ya !

I'm leaving the next MD/DC meetup/get together, to Speedo to handle, after the New Year's hoopla settles down.
Good thing we have great weather around here !
Awl..its nice to be thought about.

Nova
12-28-06, 09:48 PM
No problem.
It's good to be cautious, until you get to know people, anyways.

We usually just post a notice, for the meetup on this thread, and then ask those who are definitely interested to usually PM Speedo or myself, for location/directions.

It's always informal, and tons of fun !

LyricallyE
12-28-06, 09:56 PM
Kool, I wish i could say i was "holding out" on purpose... That would be sooo cool to have a meet up..and now im off to discover this PM jazz...:)))

joe handey
01-09-07, 01:00 AM
Hi. I just joined this forum, and I live in Maryland and SORT OF in the DC area (it's easy to get there by commuter bus).

I have ADD, inattentive type. I'd enjoy meeting other adults with this condition.

Nova
01-09-07, 12:08 PM
Hi Joe !

Nice to meet ya !

LyricallyE
01-09-07, 12:24 PM
Hey Joe!! welcome

maryam
04-30-07, 12:55 PM
Hi there! I'm a new member in the area :)

speedo
04-30-07, 08:25 PM
Welcome! It's good to see another merry-lander on the forum. :p
There are a number of people in the metro DC area (including me) on the forums, if you can wake them up long enough to get them to say "hi", :)

Me :D