View Full Version : Need Ideas for Readings

livinginchaos
04-15-06, 01:17 PM
Hi All!

I'm hoping to enlist some assistance . . . . :D

My sister is getting married in July and I've been employed to search for readings

I've found typical religious and secular readings, but I want something more creative, non-traditional.

I've been looking through literature, classic and children's, and poems for ideas.
They're not a sappy couple, so I'm weeding out any passages/poems (etc) that are mushy.

If anyone has any thoughts, I'd be so grateful!

Thank you!!

Courtney

dormammau2008
04-16-06, 09:36 PM
I HAVE A LOOK THEN CHAOS COS YOU HELPET ME SOOO I HAVE ALOOK AN SEE IF I CAN FIND ANYTHING OUT 4 YOU THANKS AGAIN 4 YOUR HELP DORM ;.)))))

EYEFORGOT
04-16-06, 11:16 PM
Do they have a favorite writer/play or muscian that might be quotable?

livinginchaos
04-16-06, 11:40 PM
Thanks, dorm!!

Those are good ideas, Chel! Thank you!

I asked about musicians they like. They're pretty open to any music, but I got a short list of faves. Then, I did a lyric search of those musicians (thank goodness for lyric search!!) and found a few songs that might be good.

I want to look into the writer stuff, but I don't have time to read. However, my sister is an English teacher, so she has tons of books at her disposal, so I figured she can check out that avenue.

I just sent her 16 pages of poems, exerpts, and lyrics.

It's kind of funny that she asked for my help with this because her fiancee is a musician and she's an English teacher.