View Full Version : conflict with meds, schedule. need help

friscokid
04-17-06, 10:13 PM
Hello all,
i am a college student who was diagnosed and medicated with stimulants at a young age. i am in college as a sophmore and medicated once again. i am having a problem with the medication and my schedule that could use some outside opinion. my schedule goes as follows: up at 6 am take 10mg, to school by 8am, take medication again around 11am to 12am, get to work by 1 pm, so far so good right? right! but here is where the problem lies, i am getting home around 7pm or 8pm which is much to late to take the medication. i would not get enough sleep if i took the medication this late considering i have to wake up around 6 am. i have tried taking the evening dose before leaving work, but have run into an issue with side effects (mainly nervousness) while on the bus ride home which are significant enough for me to avoid taking the medication, or public transit : ). i really need to spend time studying for the time between getting home and going to sleep, and without medication this is usually not the most efficient process, although it can be done.

Uminchu
04-17-06, 10:20 PM
Have you thought about waking up earlier and studying before leaving for school?

chloe516
04-17-06, 11:48 PM
While getting up earlier can work for some people, if that doesn't work for you maybe you can talk to your doctor about whether a non-stimulant med will work better for you right now.

meadd823
04-18-06, 04:55 AM
You do not mention if you are on long / extended release kinds…..

Discussing this with your doctors is a worth while cause some do better with a combination of both as opposed to strictly one or the other