View Full Version : Medadate CD and school

patrice_kell
04-17-06, 10:21 PM
My daughter and I have ADD and my daughter has just been put on Medadate CD (she is 6). I only give it to her for school because I can handle her fine here at home so I see no reason to put her on medication while she is at home. I give her the Medadate CD in the morning just before she gets on the bus. Her teachers are having a much better time with her now. Does anyone else only medicate their children for school? The doc said it was okay to do. I am just worried at how it may effect her.

I myself have never been on medication but I hope to be able to do so soon. Because of my insurance only covering some things it is so expensive. Hopefully soon I can and I am hopeing to be able to take it just for my work hours. I work in an office. Does anyone here take their meds only for work. I mean, don't get me wrong, the rest of my life is a crazy mess but I have very supportive and understanding people around me so it has never been to much of a problem. I have done well at dealing with it till recently. Now that I have started this job....IT IS A HUGE PROBLEM!!!!! I gotta do something. I hope that meds can help me.

craziecj
06-07-06, 09:36 AM
my doctor specifically told me i only had to take it for school if i wanted....

janyben
12-20-07, 03:48 PM
My dr told me that, especially when just starting out, I should give my son his meds every single day. That way he'll get used how he feels on it and it wont be a "rollercoaster" for him of some days feeling in control and other days not. He said even on weekends and holidays. He said especially holidays as the hustle and bustle of it all would just make him worse if I didnt give him his meds. I think that if I keep him on the meds every day, he'll be better able to learn better behaivor skills and coping methods so when he gets older and we talk about taking him off on weekends, he'll be better able to handle himself. But again.. I'm just starting to learn about this so my feelings and thoughts could change at any moment!!! :)