View Full Version : Hallowell teleseminar on Helping Kids with ADD Succeed in School

Scattered
04-19-06, 04:50 PM
Helping Kids with ADD Succeed in School

Saturday, April 29 from 10:00 am -12:00pm EST

World-renowned ADD expert, Dr. Edward (Ned) Hallowell, will be giving a seminar entitled “How to Help ADD Kids Succeed in School” on Saturday, April 29th. This program includes the latest information about ADD. It is for parents and teachers with an interest in learning how to help children with ADD take best advantage of their school years. The seminar will be held via teleconference (changed from being held in White Plains, NY).

How to Help ADD Kids Succeed in School
10 am to 12 Noon
This seminar, in lecture and Q&A format,will address issues of importance to parents and teachers of children with ADD:

* diagnosis and medications
* building self-esteem
* strategies for classroom success
* other learning disabilities associated with ADD
* managing social issues
* parent and teacher roles
* the different challenges of elementary vs. middle school

How to Sign Up
The program tuition is $69 per person. Visit this link (http://www.allaboutminds.com/shop/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=42&category_id=1&option=com_phpshop&Itemid=1)to sign up online (http://www.allaboutminds.com/shop/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=42&category_id=1&option=com_phpshop&Itemid=1). If you have questions, please call Joanne Candlen at 508-545-2250 or email her at <SCRIPT language=JavaScript type=text/javascript><!--var prefix = 'ma' + 'il' + 'to';var path = 'hr' + 'ef' + '=';var addy44674 = 'joanne' + '@' + 'hallowellconnections' + '.' + 'com';document.write( '' + addy44674 + '' );//-->***********joanne@hallowellconnections.com (<script language='JavaScript' type='text/javascript'><!--var prefix = 'ma' + 'il' + 'to';var path = 'hr' + 'ef' + '=';var addy63368 = 'mfaulkner' + '@' + 'hallowellconnections' + '.' + 'com';document.write( '<a ' + path + ''' + prefix + ':' + addy63368 + ''>' + addy63368 + '</a>' );//-->***********<noscript>This email address is being protected from spam bots, you need Javascript enabled to view it</noscript>)<NOSCRIPT>This email address is being protected from spam bots, you need Javascript enabled to view it</NOSCRIPT>.

The seminar will be held via telephone on a toll-free number. We will send out the calling information to your email address about 48 hours in advance of call.

About Edward Hallowell, M.D.
Dr. Edward (Ned) Hallowell is one of the world’s foremost experts in ADD. He lectures around the world on the topic of ADD in children, families, couples, and adults and his opinions are frequently reported in media such as The Today Show,

<CITY />CNN</CITY />, <COUNTRY-REGION />US</COUNTRY-REGION /></PLACE /> News and World Report, Newsweek and more. He taught at the

Harvard</PLACENAME />

Medical</PLACENAME />

School</PLACETYPE /></PLACE /> for over 20 years and is the author of 12 books, including the indispensable new book on ADD, Delivered from Distraction (Ballantine, 2005). He has an active private practice and has ADD himself, providing him a unique view on the issues of living life with ADD.</P>

chloe516
04-19-06, 05:02 PM
That sounds really interesting, and I would LOVE to find out what he has to say, especially since I'm a teacher. I'm just worried about the teleconference thing. I'm not sure how well I would be able to follow it. Anyone with experience on teleconferences??

I wish it was an online video conference...

Scattered
04-19-06, 05:03 PM
You know I have the same concern. I'd love to do it but am afraid I might miss too much -- I pace around the house like a cage tiger everytime I'm on the phone as it is to help me concentrate.

Scattered

Tara
04-19-06, 05:12 PM
They usually have recordings available to be purchased after the live classes. That way you can pause and rewind. You should also be able to mute yourself during the live call so you can multi-task.

chloe516
04-19-06, 05:42 PM
They usually have recordings available to be purchased after the live classes. That way you can pause and rewind. You should also be able to mute yourself during the live call so you can multi-task.
Maybe I'll look into recording...I can barely focus while on the phone for longer than 5 minutes when it's a two person conversation, never mind a 2 hour long teleconference.

sheesh, you would think an ADDer like Hallowell would have thought of that! ;)