View Full Version : Downloadable Forms for organizing Tasks/Tips?

Iwalani8
05-02-06, 05:53 PM
I have just ordered a book called ADD-Friendly Ways to Organize Your Life by Kolberg and Nadeau...
But my home environment is driving me crazy right now. I am a 25 year old student with two jobs and 3 roommates who are not students. My room is large, and at first I thought that it would help me by giving me more room to keep my things. It really just makes more space for my clutter. I have clothes, books, papers, dishes, bags of garbage, and all types of things all over the place. I am getting worse with my ADD symptoms (I'm inattentive...deal most with procrastination and disorganization) and it causes anxiety. When I am stressed out I have NO clue where to start with organizing my life, and I know that organizing my home environment will be a first step to a clearer head.

I have been looking all over online and these forums (impatiently) for downloadable daily scheduling forms, or checklists for cleaning specifically for adders. I know I can make my own but my problem is that I waste time making lists and editing them and take so much time on doing that I never get to the task. I need some pre-made structure. Does anyone have any suggestions or any sites I can go to to find anything like this???

I feel like I'm going crazy, and I feel stupid for not being able to control this part of my responsible life on my own...

Thank you~

EYEFORGOT
05-02-06, 05:59 PM
I've heard good things about flylady. She gives you a chore a day or something.

I clean by inspiration. I'm moving, so I'm a little more organized about it right now. But that's mainly the newness/deadline of it.

meadd823
05-03-06, 05:09 AM
I've heard good things about flylady. She gives you a chore a day or something.

So you do not have to go on a seek and become fustrated here is the thread eyeforgot is speaking of

Fly Lady thread (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=383)

I think the initial post mentions the web site!

Good luck! Hope this helps.

Iwalani8
05-05-06, 03:02 AM
thanks guys.
i just got my book and actually read through almost the whole thing this afternoon. amazing what i can concentrate on if it is really speaking to me. anyway, if anyone is curious, ADD-Friendly Ways to Organize Your Life by Kolberg and Nadeau is very helpful if you are overwhelmed by clutter, mail, clothes, and a suffocating environment. Good stuff, gonna try to tackle my room starting tomorrow.

Adamant1988
05-05-06, 06:30 AM
I have just ordered a book called ADD-Friendly Ways to Organize Your Life by Kolberg and Nadeau...
But my home environment is driving me crazy right now. I am a 25 year old student with two jobs and 3 roommates who are not students. My room is large, and at first I thought that it would help me by giving me more room to keep my things. It really just makes more space for my clutter. I have clothes, books, papers, dishes, bags of garbage, and all types of things all over the place. I am getting worse with my ADD symptoms (I'm inattentive...deal most with procrastination and disorganization) and it causes anxiety. When I am stressed out I have NO clue where to start with organizing my life, and I know that organizing my home environment will be a first step to a clearer head.

I have been looking all over online and these forums (impatiently) for downloadable daily scheduling forms, or checklists for cleaning specifically for adders. I know I can make my own but my problem is that I waste time making lists and editing them and take so much time on doing that I never get to the task. I need some pre-made structure. Does anyone have any suggestions or any sites I can go to to find anything like this???

I feel like I'm going crazy, and I feel stupid for not being able to control this part of my responsible life on my own...

Thank you~i've discovered that an easy way to repair that damage is to take a list of everything that needs cleaned/what you will have to do.
If garbage makes up a big bulk of that mess then make a list like

Pick up Garbage on floor
pick up garbage on desk
It's been said of ADDers that we see the forest but not the trees, so you have to try really hard to see the trees. metaphorically speaking.

Devide up a large task into smaller sections. Turn cleaning your room into cleaning your floor, then your desk, then your closet, and so on. if neccessary break it down even smaller.
Order the list by importance/necessity and start working on it :)

Iwalani8
05-07-06, 11:55 PM
Thanks Adman!
It's true, I love to make lists, and I make plenty...
but then my 'hyperfocus' comes in and I make these lists pretty and perfect, and this goes on for ever. long enough to not actually do what they say. My "control journal" from FLYlady came yesterday and as soon as I am recovered from the flu (been in bed for three days), I'm going to start changing my habits. Can't wait and I have high hopes. Meds have helped somewhat for months, but I haven't really had hope until I've looked into all these other resources.

meadd823
05-16-06, 01:08 AM
lists pretty and perfect, and this goes on for ever

Which is why I do not make list for every thing. I have grocery list that lives on the frig.
A list of books and music I am interested in located in my address book/calendar in my purse.

I clean thing in my home that bother me if it doesn't bother me I do not clean it.

Meds do help "things bother" you before they become disasters.

prettyblonde
05-16-06, 05:36 PM
I have tried FlyLady and found it *extremely* overwhelming. There are just so many emails, all the time...for me it was a nightmare because I am easily overwhelmed.

I am interested to know where these cleaning checklists exist, too...I would love to try one.

Hope your new methods work for you, Iwalani...let us know!

auntchris
05-19-06, 01:07 AM
that is how i felt with flylady. when i started school i had to unsubscribed.

auntchris
05-21-06, 04:35 PM
well talk about cleaning I am giving away or gettting rid of alotof thing when my sister come down in June we are going to go through my apartment and get rid of alot of things. My books stay though. I am getting rid of a nice bookshelf and a old entertainment center . it is too big for my place. I cant wait. I just this place simple. Less is better even with furniture. The less you have the less clothes I have to wash and less furniture I have athe less to dust. I cant wait..... :D

susane
05-26-06, 02:31 AM
Someone else mentioned this on one thread and I found it to be helpful in the past...A Week at a Glance planner...the big one. It has a long column for each day so you can list lots of things. I highlighted the important things so they stood out. When the day is done...move the things you didn't finish to the next column. One thing that is working for me lately is ONE to do list...I combine all of my business and personal stuff into one list. It is great...everything is one place and very simple to manage. I keep the book open and on my desk in front of me at all times. If I go out I fold the book back so I see the list and take it with me.

prettyblonde
07-03-06, 05:20 PM
I found this cleaning to-do list on RealSimple and thought some might find it useful. There are a lot of other articles on the site also if you browse around.

http://www.realsimple.com/realsimple/gallery/0,21863,1033650-1,00.html

Corina
08-30-06, 07:48 PM
Motivated mom helps it has a check list http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MotivatedMom/

I found Flylady to be extremely overwhelming. Too many emails

scooter
09-13-06, 06:24 AM
i have to clean up after myself. i found if i do it straight away then i dont need to go back and do it later. makes for a simple life without complications as i can remeber what it was i needed to do and don't consider the past something i need to go back to. This works for me. I do keep a 'to do list'. but despise it becasue it reminds me of my inabilty to remeber things. So basically I clean up straight away and leave no tracks... Adaption, I think they call it...

Iwalani8
09-15-06, 08:46 PM
i must be lazy. but since i started wellbutrin i have definitely been picking up after myself, especially foodwise, a ton more than before.

livinginchaos
09-23-06, 10:17 PM
printablechecklist.com has so many different checklists, including cleaning.

Here's a link to the ones for the household:
http://www.printablechecklists.com/checklist26.shtml (http://www.printablechecklists.com/menu/home.shtml)