View Full Version : Wierd Thoughts

xstarchildx
05-03-06, 08:25 AM
Does anybody else here make up stories, scenario's or anything like that, that just don't happen.

my mum had taken my youngest to the park one day i was fine about it, until i remembered she cannot swim i then went on to think that my youngest would fall in the water and my mum wouldn't be able to help him because she couldn't swim, i then went on to think i would get a phone call to tell me my son had drowned, when i realised what i had been thinking i was so upset, because it wasn't going to happen! I don't just do it with my own kids i more or less always think the worse in everything!!

:o Does any 1 else do this? :o

Gourmet
05-03-06, 09:40 AM
I believe they call it anxiety.
That's what they called it when my mind would jump ahead of me like that with worrisome scenerios.
SSRI's took care of it and it hasn't come back, knock on wood.
No, you're not alone.

maddash
05-03-06, 09:41 AM
I do things like this all the time. It is so weird because I was fearless as a childand teenager, but now I can only describe myself as a hypervigilent, wounded bird. For instance, if my children are outside with my husband as he is mowing the lawn, images of them being injured by the lawnmower will flash in my head and I cannot fight the impulse to race out of my door and find them in the yard. I do this most prominently with my children, but also with my family members. In fact, I have a saved voicemail message from every family member, just in case they die, I will still have a captured sound of their voice (this is sick, I KNOW!) My friend's and I are going on a cruise in November, but I am so scared of all of the "what-if's", that I fear that I may need some ani-anxiety meds before I can go.

chameleon
05-03-06, 09:49 AM
I do it too.

xstarchildx
05-03-06, 11:50 AM
Right i'm glad i'm not the only one who does it i used to think i was sick in the head to have these thought's. I was the same NO fear when i was a kid and then as soon as i had my own children and had responsibility my thought pattern changed, too i must look after myself for the sake of my kids so i'm around for them. Now i just make up things that aren't even going to happen and work myself up to a right state!

chameleon
05-03-06, 11:52 AM
Once I had kids the nightmares about them drowning in the bathtub and such started. My mom said it's normal for mothers to get that.
I think the daytime worries like that are a carryover of that unbelievable fear of such things happening.

xstarchildx
05-03-06, 12:01 PM
I was just wondering i had a really bad expierence when i was 15, I was looking after a friends little girl who was only 3, i had taken her upstairs to play, stupid me put her on the windowledge to jump onto her mum's bed, then she said she wanted to do it on her own, i was a bit hesitant but thought o.k the window is locked she can't fall, oh god i was so WRONG!! The window had a faulty catch, she fell back, i tried to grab her but everything went so slow, she died a week later, i fell apart. I had no support or councelling and was just wondering could his effected my thought process?

chameleon
05-03-06, 12:13 PM
Omg I'm SO sorry starchild!!!
What a TERRIBLE burdon for a 15 year old to have on her shoulders! And for all the years since.
I deal with a lot of guilt in areas like that too, and it's effected greatly my image of myself as a competent mother. I blame myself for every single thing that goes wrong in my children's lives. I think that's how it can effect us.
I tried therapy but it didn't help. Some scars just run too deep.
I hope that, logically, you know it wasn't your fault starchild. (hugs)

xstarchildx
05-03-06, 04:32 PM
Thanks chameleon it meant alot :) what you said, this is the first time i have posted about it ever and very few know, yeah i got offered 6 weeks of councelling sessions to get 12yrs of destruction and hatred to myself and the world off my chest, i laughed, i just thought there asking the impossible like you said some scars run too deep!!

I deal with a lot of guilt in areas like that too, and it's effected greatly my image of myself as a competent mother. I blame myself for every single thing that goes wrong in my children's lives. I think that's how it can effect us.
I tried therapy but it didn't help. Some scars just run too deep.

dormammau2008
05-04-06, 10:40 AM
id o that as well wiledchild i go though all posaablitsss in most things so i know befor hand if its safe as it can be dorml,))0