View Full Version : Teens Coping with ADD

Littleskier
10-30-03, 12:43 AM
I am a 18 kid who just got put on medication for my ADD and now it seems like all my friends treat as if I will go crazy on them or even just a kid that is suicidal. I take concerta and that is not a med that a lot off people know about and it seems that they think it is to keep me sane and not insane. I was just wondering if anyone else has ever had that problem.

ericcumbee2003
12-03-03, 01:54 PM
i had this problem before, but after awhile my friends came to the realization that in the 9 years i have taken ritilan and concerta, i have gone with out it and did not go crazy.

ericcumbee2003
12-03-03, 08:37 PM
ive had add since 3rd grade. just give your friends time they will come back in time, and if they are really your friends they will support you. Perhaps you should try to educate them about add

ericcumbee2003
12-04-03, 12:25 AM
try to educate them about add and Concerta, and if they dont want to be friends because of that they were not your freinds to start with

Littleskier
01-05-04, 06:10 PM
Yeah! After I jsut dont talk about my ADD people have kind of quit treating my different.

ben
01-20-04, 02:49 PM
I am 16 and just started concerta, it's not even made to keep you sane. it's made to help you stay focussed on the task at hand. so if that is the only medication your doctor put you on, then going crazy obviously isn't even the issue. so your friends have got nothing to wory about

ed4455
08-14-04, 11:40 AM
im 14 and i take concerta aswell it is not helping with moodswings and pain-in-the-buttness is it? it lasts long enough to get through a day of school though and it is only needed for that

zed407
11-17-07, 02:14 AM
I'm 15 and take Adderall (used to take Ritalin), along with Lexapro for depression, and everyone treats me like I'm a headcase. They make me feel like such an outcast sometimes, so I understand.

Just do what you gotta do to help YOURSELF, and don't care what others think.

Phishoutawatur
11-27-07, 10:13 PM
Im 14 and take Vyvanse. I told my closest friends about it and they don't really understand what it is so whenever i don't really listen to them the littlest bit they say things like " god colette take your meds" or " your so add right now"

they don't mean it in a bad way but it really bothers me

what really gets to me is when i fight with my parents and i get really defiant my mom tells my sisters that i cant help being a a bad kid, my add makes me that way. she uses it against me when she's mad, and that makes me want to scream and i usually do. she acts like what she's saying isn't wrong in any way. i feel like my parents really resent me because they cant control my mood swings and irritability but neither can i

wow sorry i just kinda rambled on ha ha