View Full Version : Cured?

OhNo
05-06-06, 03:53 PM
I am incredibly organizationally challenged. I clean..vow this time it will stay that way, but a week passes and I see what I'll really do..then I get busy with school and say I'll get that later, then another week passes..things build up...then a month...then I have to focus, get it cleaned..then it all starts all over again..new vow..new failure.

Is there anyone who has learned to cope so well they never have clutter thrown everywhere? I so desperately want to get older..mature or whatever, but as of now I am 21 and still suck greatly and keeping things together. It's frustrating, and makes me isolate myself. I hate it.

I know the key is never put things off, but.....ahh...so success stories...has anyone really ever changed?

Thanks.

meadd823
05-16-06, 01:03 AM
I have but it took a long time. When I was young I was a very poor house keeper. In my room there were four piles.

The first was my school stuff
The second was my clothes dirty
The third was my cloths clean
The fourth was my bed

Although I do have boxed of ??? On a shelf in my bed room I do not have to be ashamed when company comes over...well the fact of the matter is even when I had four piles in my bedroom it never bothered me enough to isolated myself. I am more socially isolated now that my house is usually in decent shape then I was then.

The not putting stuff up or letting piles accumulate to over flow can be a major hindrance. I have simple filing system that takes thirty seconds to use. If I have piles of magazine I haven't looked at in over six months then I throw them away impulsively!

fasttalkingmom
05-16-06, 09:26 AM
I am incredibly organizationally challenged. I clean..vow this time it will stay that way, but a week passes and I see what I'll really do..then I get busy with school and say I'll get that later, then another week passes..things build up...then a month...then I have to focus, get it cleaned..then it all starts all over again..new vow..new failure.

Is there anyone who has learned to cope so well they never have clutter thrown everywhere? I so desperately want to get older..mature or whatever, but as of now I am 21 and still suck greatly and keeping things together. It's frustrating, and makes me isolate myself. I hate it.

I know the key is never put things off, but.....ahh...so success stories...has anyone really ever changed?

Thanks.

Being "older" doesn't change anything :faint:

I am much better, for the past year I don't panic if someone just stop by. Sometimes my place has a lived in look but not a storm hit look :D

For me it was an ADD coach, ADD Friendly Ways to Orgnaize Your Life (Book), meds. and we moved to a very nice place last year after living in an ADDers nightmare place for 15 years.