View Full Version : Englewood NJ/NYC transplant with ADD needs to find a knowledgeable physician...

qwicsvt
05-09-06, 07:36 PM
I need to ask everyone for a bit of help. I am a new transplant to New Jersey and have recently been struggling with my ADD. I was diagnosed with ADD back in 86' and have been treated successfully since then but for the past year or so, my medication has lost a good deal of its effectiveness. I need to quickly identify who in the North Eastern NJ/NYC area specializes in the disorder and begin the reassessment process ASAP. If you have any insight that could help me, I'd be very grateful.<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p

Thanks!

M.

amazingplace
05-09-06, 08:44 PM
Hiya - I go to Pediatric Neurology Associates (www.pediatricneurology.com). First started going there for my daughter but have been seeing one of the Docs there for myself. Very satisfied.

qwicsvt
05-09-06, 08:55 PM
It looks like they are pediatics only, do they also serve the adult add community?

amazingplace
05-09-06, 08:59 PM
It looks like they are pediatics only, do they also serve the adult add community?I'm 41 :)

qwicsvt
05-09-06, 09:30 PM
Thank you so much for your reccomendation, I will emailed myself at work so I can call for an appointment tomorrow.

If anyone else has additional reccomendations, please post them. I'm sure this therapy group is first rate but I'd like to review all my options.

Thanks all!
M.

QueensU_girl
05-09-06, 09:36 PM
You will do best if you have paperwork of the tests/diagnosis from a Psychologist. A Psychiatrist or Family Doctor will want to know your other deficits/strengths/issues, in my experience.

eg. My Adult ADHD doc doesn't see -=anyone=- w/out a Test Report from an Educational Psychologist.

qwicsvt
05-09-06, 10:45 PM
Good point. I'm going to schedule the appointment so there is time for a copy of my medical records, along with all my ADD treatment history, be sent to the new clinic.

qwicsvt
05-10-06, 08:15 PM
Pediatric Neurology does not accept United Health Care, I'm going to speak with my insurance company but I am not hopeful at this point.

amazingplace
05-11-06, 07:21 PM
Pediatric Neurology does not accept United Health Care, I'm going to speak with my insurance company but I am not hopeful at this point.I don't think they direct bill any carriers. I pay by check and submit a claim. I have a Blue Cross PPO plan. I think they cover 80%

PicklesPears
05-11-06, 07:26 PM
Just search the web with the city & town & type of doc & specialty to find some in your area. Anyone you or your spouse work with who have great general practitioners? Go to this dr & ask from your list, who is good for ADD stuff. My suggestion.

I need to ask everyone for a bit of help. I am a new transplant to New Jersey and have recently been struggling with my ADD. I was diagnosed with ADD back in 86' and have been treated successfully since then but for the past year or so, my medication has lost a good deal of its effectiveness. I need to quickly identify who in the North Eastern NJ/NYC area specializes in the disorder and begin the reassessment process ASAP. If you have any insight that could help me, I'd be very grateful.<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p

Thanks!

M.