View Full Version : Is this true?

Gupi
05-26-06, 12:03 AM
"Oh, and the orange and lemon-lime gatorade help, because I think it counter-acts because of the citrus or something? I'm not quite sure, but I read somewhere that it helps."

Someone on the forums said this. He was talking about ADD, is this true?

Hyperion
05-26-06, 02:12 AM
might be referring to citric acid, which is found in most citrus fruits, and also in many citrus-flavored drinks. The only reason I can think of would be that acidic compounds can inhibit the absorbtion of amphetamines such as those used in Adderall and Dexedrine to treat ADD. In other words, drinking something acidic around the time you take Adderall or Dexedrine might lessen the effects of the medication.

Nivek29
05-26-06, 11:53 AM
might be referring to citric acid, which is found in most citrus fruits, and also in many citrus-flavored drinks. The only reason I can think of would be that acidic compounds can inhibit the absorbtion of amphetamines such as those used in Adderall and Dexedrine to treat ADD. In other words, drinking something acidic around the time you take Adderall or Dexedrine might lessen the effects of the medication.
When I first started taking adderall again, I used to love drinking a glass of orange juice each morning.. when I went in for a check up, my doctor was surprised my heart rate was up significantly and she started asking me questions then told me the same thing and not to drink or eat any citrus 45 minutes before or after taking my medication