View Full Version : My spotless kitchen

Proscrire
06-09-06, 12:17 AM
Well, I did it. My kitchen is spotless. Everything organized. Stuff sorted and a big box to go to donations. Cupboards scrubbed. New lining paper. Floor mopped. Refigerator washed. New baseboards. Even fixed up the caulking.

And to what do I owe the motivation? Opening one of my drawers this morning and finding a pile of mouse poop. Guess my hubby didn't take care of it after all.

luckily there is not little puking smiley

Crazy~Feet
06-09-06, 12:26 AM
PICS!! I wanna see it :D.

ADDELINE
06-09-06, 01:26 AM
Pros.....CONGRADULATIONS!

Wish I could report the same!

Addeline

adhdxyz
06-09-06, 08:27 AM
What? I'm confused.....

When we moved in our house 15 years ago, neither the realtor nor the seller told us that we had to scrub the kitchen cupboards, replace shelf lining, mop the floor or wash the refrigerator, baseboard or caulking if we bought the house. Are they supposed to disclose this information in the selling agreement? Hmmm???? What area do you live in? Oh well, I can't do what I don't know I am supposed to do, right?

Congrats on your wonderful add/adhd accomplishment. Now block off the kitchen with yellow crime scene tape and don't let anyone in it so it stays clean. :)

bbduck1
06-09-06, 08:43 AM
Congrats on your wonderful add/adhd accomplishment. Now block off the kitchen with yellow crime scene tape and don't let anyone in it so it stays clean.
:)

:D
This is too funny...and addresses the exact reason I don't like to do housework....you just have to do it again! However, I your story has motivated me on this, my first day of summer break, to get my kitchen clean too. If I can get the kitchen clean today, I'll consider today's mission a success. Thanks for the motivation. I can't imagine how GREAT your kitchen must look (and smell)!

fuzzybrain
06-09-06, 10:50 AM
When my kids were little, and I was deep cleaning, the cabinets and drawers, I found a whole mouse family-dead-the babies didn't have any hair or anything!!! It was pretty bazarre. I hate mice! Thanks for the great encouragement-oh how I desparately need that. My kids are making it difficult to keep anything clean. Good luck.

ClearConfusion
06-09-06, 11:19 AM
Congratulations on your great accomplishment, Proscrire! :)

To block it off with crime scene tape sounds like a good idea! :D ;)

kvrrd
06-09-06, 12:00 PM
We finally had to get a cleaning lady to clean every Friday because we never had any free time. I'd wipe the table down 50 times a day and then I'd get aggravated when someone messed it up. I felt it was total disrespect for my efforts. My husband felt the same. Neither of us really cared if stuff got messed up as long as it wasn't our time or effort that was spent cleaning it. Now we can't afford it. I've had to adjust my threshold for dirt.
But it feels really good looking at the todo list with some of the task actually checked off, instead of the list just getting longer and longer and longer ...
Good job.

Mouse turds: My aunt had altzheimers. There came a time that she couldn't live alone anymore. I'd go visit her and I'd find roaches and PILES of turds on the pantry shelves and in the dishes and old crusty food in the oven and sinks and brrrrrrr.
We need a pukey smiley! We also need a raspberry smiley - rather a smiley giving a raspberry?

Proscrire
06-09-06, 12:01 PM
[QUOTE=adhdxyz}
Congrats on your wonderful add/adhd accomplishment. Now block off the kitchen with yellow crime scene tape and don't let anyone in it so it stays clean. :)[/QUOTE]
Oh goodness, I lauged so loud at that I think they heard me in the office downstairs.

Its actually an apartment made out of old offices from the 1860's. Its a great place but it abutts another building with a less than vigilant landlord and that's where the mice came from. But found and sealed off all possible entrances, and this morning...NO MOUSE POOPS!!

And I'll post pics after I take them to the landlord. He's great about reimbursing for parts and labor.

Thanks all so much. It feels great to hear from other people who know how huge of an accomplisment a clean kitchen can be.

VisualImagery
09-02-06, 01:22 PM
I know this thread is a little old, but mice seem to be a good motivator to clean! Here is a puking emoticon for you! It is amazing how many there are! We had mice and one died in the hallway during the night-I got up to go potty-and quess what? I stepped on the thing......well-let's say hubby cleaned it up while I dry heaved! I hate mice-we have rat terriers and that used to keep them away-but they found someplace in the house where they are safe from my rodent hunters. hoover dam nation.

My kitchen got nice and clean after moving home-how did hubby not see the mouse poopies? Aurgggghhhhh

RADD
http://cellar.org/images/smilies/yack.gif

pembroke
09-02-06, 01:49 PM
http://cellar.org/images/smilies/yack.gif < i love that!

VisualImagery
09-02-06, 02:02 PM
Did you notice they do it in unison? All the posts puke simultaneously?-I seriously need a frickin' life!
http://cellar.org/images/smilies/yack.gif