View Full Version : Nystagmus

Flyfisher
11-06-03, 05:26 PM
Does anyone else have this?

One of our sons has a condition called congenital nystagmus. It is a vision problem where he is unable to stop keep his eyes "still" when looking at something, especially at a distance. You experience the same thing if you were to spin in a circle and stop and try and focus on something.

Anyhow, it's a long shot but I wondered if anyone had it or knew anyone who did that would be willing to answer a few questions about it. We have an excellent doctor but would love to talk to an actual person who has it. It's kind of difficult relaying some of the technical questions we have to a 7 year old.

Thanks! :)

Andrew
11-06-03, 08:20 PM
Here is an excellent article on Congenital Nystagmus (http://www.emedicine.com/oph/topic688.htm)

Flyfisher
11-16-03, 01:01 AM
Hi Big,

Thanks for the link and you are right, it had a lot of great information! Thanks a bunch! Sorry to reply so late, life has been busier than usual lately, lol.:D

aneededchange
11-30-04, 03:09 AM
Does anyone else have this?

One of our sons has a condition called congenital nystagmus. It is a vision problem where he is unable to stop keep his eyes "still" when looking at something, especially at a distance. You experience the same thing if you were to spin in a circle and stop and try and focus on something.

Anyhow, it's a long shot but I wondered if anyone had it or knew anyone who did that would be willing to answer a few questions about it. We have an excellent doctor but would love to talk to an actual person who has it. It's kind of difficult relaying some of the technical questions we have to a 7 year old.

Thanks! :)
the doctors told me I had a temporiary version of it when I was in 2nd grade. Anytime I tried to focus on something, one eye would move in rapid movement back and forth, while the other would go off as if to look in the lateral aspect of my eye.

They still shake, sometimes, when I am tired and trying to focus.

BTW - I can make my eyes shake like that at will ... even though you aren't supposed to be able to do that.

Vidgan
02-04-05, 07:42 AM
Are there any special 'READER' software in the market to help individuals with this condition.

I am desparately looking for one...but do not have adequate knowledge on what is there in the market and how good they are.

It will be of great help if someone can share info on this with me.

Vidgan.