View Full Version : Just had a thought!!!

~boots~
06-15-06, 01:47 AM
OK, so I figured all my learning troubles stemmed from ADHD :faint: I though when I was medicated properly I would soon be able to "Learn" things..I wanted to enroll straight in night school because I was SURE it would now be easy to LEARN as I have an above average IQ..LOL..sure..sure sure...

while the medication works brilliant for calming me , and slowing me down, and thinking before I speak etc etc...it hasn't helped with my ability to "LEARN"

I bought a few school books, and government and the stock market, which was always something I felt stupid not knowing about. For the life of me, I still can't LEARN it, even with medication..

I just had a thought, after trying to figure out a few complicated posts :p

I learnt to read a write easily..no probs at all there. I was very good at basic maths, and still am, but not too good in upper high where we had to LEARN formulars etc..
I write really bad, although I spell well. I often mix up letters, but not back to front..eg..I will write (too fast BTW) todya we are goign shopping. My phone number is 1234567, but I will write 1324467..then scribble over it, because I can see it straight away..etc etc..

A light just came on in my head....I may have the co-existing condition after all my bragging I don't;)

Maybe I have a learning disability too...and I didn't even think about it until today!!! I just figured it was ADD, and now I would be fine :(

any ideas??

casper
06-15-06, 10:59 AM
Yes, a its a very good possibility that u have a LD. I am no doctor, so please don't think so. But just from the little bit u have4 told me here i am thinking that is an option. I would go and get your self checked out.

dormammau2008
06-15-06, 06:09 PM
youn sound dyelixa to me dorm in the end your you

~boots~
06-15-06, 07:43 PM
Thanks guys :-) I will talk to my Dr about it next visit