View Full Version : How to pack a Pod...

EYEFORGOT
06-19-06, 07:42 PM
of pickled peppers. (Kidding.)

Anyone out there with a logical, engineering mind?

I have to pack an 8x8x16 pod with all my furniture and worldly goods. The only instructions it gives is:

1) pack pictures along sides
2) put furniture on end
3) don't do all boxes last
4) pack smaller items in the crevices
5) tie it all down

But I already knew that stuff. How do you look at furniture and the box like a Tetris game and know what to put in and how? Should I just line what I can along one side and when I get help for the furniture put it on the other side? :confused:

susane
06-19-06, 08:14 PM
What's a pod?

EYEFORGOT
06-19-06, 08:46 PM
Portable On Demand Storage. It's the alternative to a moving van and movers. They drop off the container at your house and you fill it up for a couple of weeks, then they come and get it, drop it off at the new house and you have some time to unpack it. Then they come back and get the empty container. It's also very affordable comparably.

~boots~
06-19-06, 08:58 PM
I'll send over my husband. He will get all of your stuff in, and find room for the next door neighbours stuff as well..he's amazing!!

me..I just shove it it...
good luck Chel

william tell
06-19-06, 09:16 PM
Try to stack everything high, it's all in how you pack it but if you stack it to the roof from the the back to the front , leaving no air space , you would be surprised how much of your stuff you can cram in

susane
06-19-06, 10:36 PM
Portable On Demand Storage. It's the alternative to a moving van and movers. They drop off the container at your house and you fill it up for a couple of weeks, then they come and get it, drop it off at the new house and you have some time to unpack it. Then they come back and get the empty container. It's also very affordable comparably.
Thanks, I never heard of those before...interesting. I will keep that in mind when and if I ever move.:)

EYEFORGOT
06-19-06, 10:41 PM
Thanks WT.

william tell
06-19-06, 11:14 PM
I once moved an entire apt. worth of furniture in a cargo van, LOL like I said it's all in how little air space you leave