View Full Version : How do we think/learn things?

fuzzybrain
06-19-06, 10:16 AM
Just a question here, how do you remember things. I have such a hard time remembering detail type things-I can go general-but itty bitty gritty stuff-is hard, I want to know why that is, and what I can do to improve that. I did, we all did in school, had to use something to trigger those things to remember them for a test, I know I had to-I just can't remember how I did it-maybe assimilation: using what I already know, maybe common sense-sort of like trivia-I know the answers, but I am two seconds behind everyone else in getting them.

barbyma
06-19-06, 01:23 PM
Just a question here, how do you remember things. I have such a hard time remembering detail type things-I can go general-but itty bitty gritty stuff-is hard, I want to know why that is, and what I can do to improve that.For ADDers, it's imperative that you connect facts to those you already know. You have to have context for the things you want to remember. Make associations.

ADDers have poor working memory, so we need to bypass it.

If you can't think of an analogy or something else to associate a new item with, try using neumonic techniques (like making up an acronym - e.g., EveryGoodBoyDoesFine). Songs work well for me. Thanks to Schoolhouse Rock, I learned the preamble to the constitution in no time!

dormammau2008
06-26-06, 06:01 PM
i take a great dea; time to leren to make shore ive got it fixed in my head if theres noicse ...........then i carnt lewren it right or if its a male teghter for my own resons iam unable to leren dorm