View Full Version : Goof Off & paint on deck

EYEFORGOT
06-20-06, 03:34 PM
Ok, I spent a good 45 minutes trying to get some paint that got spilled on my deck (it soaked through a typax set I was painting, not sure how or why since I put down a tarp below it, but anyways....)

I sat there on this nice hot day scrubbing Goof Off on this large watery-patterned spot and got maybe one foot of it done. Only 3 to 4 feet to go. Surely there's a more efficient way to take care of this. Frankly it looks like I'm only rubbing off the stain/seal of the deck and the spot is just more pale, not gone. :(

william tell
06-20-06, 10:25 PM
did you try soap and water ? soap works by making the water molecules smaller so they can get in and behind dirt , paint

EYEFORGOT
06-20-06, 10:29 PM
It already dried. Soap and water don't work on dried paint or their molecules.

Proscrire
06-22-06, 02:32 PM
My mom's answer:

Put a chair there. Or a big planter with flowers. :)

EYEFORGOT
06-22-06, 10:49 PM
Great idea! That's what I'd do if I was staying...but I'm moving...and it's too obvious to hope prospective buyers will simply "miss it".

Proscrire
06-23-06, 02:29 PM
If that's the case you're probably best off with a light sanding and then re-sealing that spot of the deck. What's the realtor say about it?

*~ žEEK ~*
06-23-06, 02:47 PM
A Power Washer/Sprayer is what I use!
BTW, I'm not aware of any way to remove just paint without removing the stain/seal also!
Love that Goof-off though! Good stuff!
Best of Luck!

meadd823
06-29-06, 05:13 AM
The container it comes in doesn't have this kind of directions on the back of the bottle. I thought most things like that came with directions on removal.