View Full Version : I'm new and need help... Daytana

You were saying
06-23-06, 02:30 PM
I have been diagnosed for the second time in my life with ADHD but this time I'm getting help.

I've been on Strattera for two months and it's been a nightmare, so at my 1st psych appointment today, he's decided to try me on the new patch, daytrama?

What I need to know is, anybody tried it, heard of anybody that has tried it, or something. I can't find anything here about who's been on it..

I start on Monday and I'm nervous about being a ginea pig. I've posted questions about it earlier today, but nobody is answering. I can't be the only one that is trying it. BTW, I'm a 34 year old female and the research says for kids 6-12... Is it a good thing that I try a kids med?

AstroPup
06-23-06, 04:21 PM
well either that patch has just been released to the market or maybe you have misspelled it, because there is absolutely no information to be had on it anywhere.. I'd question being a guinea pig too. Maybe you should make a reccommendation to try another well tested med first. Maybe Adderral or Concerta. Honestly I can't see why they would put you on something brand new if they haven't exercised some of the other options first. Strattera seems to be one of the least efficient meds to combat adhd from what I read everywhere..

You were saying
06-23-06, 04:39 PM
http://www.daytrana.com/

AstroPup
06-23-06, 04:43 PM
hrmm thats really odd.. google or no other search engines picked that up.

AstroPup
06-23-06, 04:45 PM
that sites offers absolutely no information about anything.. its just all links to other sites

You were saying
06-23-06, 04:51 PM
this is strange to say the least.

I am sensitive to medication, because of nausia and ibs, so he thought this would be perfect for me since it's release into the blood stream right away, and can be removed without waiting for it to process through you intestines and liver. it's basically a ridalin patch.

HighFunctioning
06-23-06, 05:34 PM
The M in daytrama really should be an N. I corrected the website link for you.

You were saying
06-23-06, 05:49 PM
The M in daytrama really should be an N. I corrected the website link for you.:D

thanks...

melv
06-24-06, 07:59 PM
I think it's usually for kids who have trouble swallowing pills.

auntchris
06-26-06, 01:13 AM
"In clinical testing of children ages 6-12, once daily application of Daytrana provided significant improvement of ADHD symptoms including inattention, hyperactivity, and impulsivity. The patch, when applied as recommended to the hip, is designed to stay on during normal activities such as swimming and bathing. " from the daytrana site.

This is from the front page of the article. I think melv is right it looks like it might be exculsively for children fo these ages. check out the site .. for your self http://www.daytrana.com/

You were saying
06-26-06, 09:54 AM
I digest medication slowly, thereby causing nausia and such. Also I have IBS-C, so meds in general cause constipation, so the doc thinks this will be better since it doesn't have to enter my small intestines. I get it this morning.

Dixie_Amazon
08-28-06, 06:48 AM
I digest medication slowly, thereby causing nausia and such. Also I have IBS-C, so meds in general cause constipation, so the doc thinks this will be better since it doesn't have to enter my small intestines. I get it this morning.How did it work out for you? My child's doctor has suggested trying it.

Crazy~Feet
08-28-06, 07:10 AM
Daytrana is not an option in my household; we have allergies to the adhesive :( too bad really. We respond well to methylphenidate.

Dixie_Amazon
08-28-06, 07:14 AM
My middle son has problem with some adhesives too. If we ever decide to try the patch with him I will request an Rx for just a weeks worth.