View Full Version : Well, my husband didn't lose his job

tamara29
06-30-06, 10:29 PM
Well, his company decided to take him off the road and send them to their doctor to talk about the medicine he's on. They want him to quit taking the Adderall and Lamictal. The doctor he saw today is going to write a letter to his psychiatrist about what medicines he can take while driving.

This makes me so mad. I realize it could be much worse. He could have lost his job. His company is looking into options for him now. He asked if one of those options was for him to be fired, and they said no.

But, the Adderall had been working for the ADD symptoms. He actually completed a project. That is a first for him. Of course, the Lamictal hasn't had time to work yet, but I had such high hopes for it, because I've heard so much talk about it being a miracle drug.

Attainathon
07-09-06, 01:00 PM
I apologize, I am new to the forum and did not catch any earlier posts on your problem.. But, congrats on what seems to be positive news!

I wanted to ask why your husbands company wanted him to stop the Adderall? I got the impression from you post it was because he should not be driving while taking it and I am curious as to why...

Just curious if this is a concern for some people with Adderall... Thanks in advance! :)

HighFunctioning
07-09-06, 01:11 PM
It would seem that if one is having problems driving on medication after the initial period of getting used to it, it would seem that the doseage is too high (being overfocused driving is a real problem, and anyone that has tried driving immediately after a natural hyperfocus state has probably experienced this). But this isn't the medication section, so I'll shut up now.

Attainathon
07-09-06, 01:30 PM
Thanks for the insight, I also wondered if perhaps the dosage might be off?

Would anyone be able to provide a link or direct me to the original thread on this topic? I am interested in reading about the entire situation..

HighFunctioning
07-09-06, 01:48 PM
I think it was this one:
http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30140

BlessedLady
07-09-06, 05:19 PM
I don't know all of the particulars. But chances are the company is concerned about Legal problems if he were to have a accident & when he was tested for drugs, tested Positive for Amphetamines, even though he has a rx for them & in no way is your hubby doing anything wrong or illegal.

But if I'm not mistaken, there is a Federal reg in regards to the amount of miles a truck driver can go without getting sleep. It might only pertain to HazMat Loads....but something tells me that it is across the boards for all the drivers.

And now that he knows that he can complete a Project when he starts it. Things will get better. I know first hand what a relief it is to you & I can Promise you that for him it is more of a relief.

BlessedLady