View Full Version : Driven To distraction, Delivered, Answers?

smileh1985
07-02-06, 09:46 AM
I have read a bunch of posts on here about all these different books....

Driven to distraction, delivered from distraction, and answers to distraction. I really want to purchase one but I'm not sure which I want.

Can someone please explain the ideas behind these books? Or which ones are better, and just your opinions on them?

~boots~
07-02-06, 09:49 AM
I have both on order at the library...maybe you could do that too, and read them , and pick the one you would like to buy the most. I have heard "driven from Distraction" is a great book..

SnappyCloud
07-02-06, 09:59 AM
I have "driven" and "delivered." If I only could get one, I would get "driven." The latter seems to be more introductory to the whole issue, while the former is more of the same, but perhaps from a more positive results-oriented point of view.

I may be wrong (I read them a year ago and I just woke up), Driven is what my shrink recommended when I was diagnosed - it is one of the key books to educate the newly blessed.

Go to amaz..com and try getting a used one, or buy it new. it is cheap on soft cover.

dormammau2008
07-02-06, 11:34 AM
mm well if its a good book as eveyone says then i def get it out lol after ive taken my late books back lol dorm

smileh1985
07-02-06, 12:23 PM
i just bought all 3 off of ebay

chloe516
07-02-06, 01:25 PM
I see from your profile you are female, so I would also recommend Women with ADD by Sari Solden. It's geared for how ADHD can affect a women and the day to day tasks women face that are different from men. It focuses more on the inattentive type, but I'm combined type and still found it a great book! It's easy to read, which also is very helpful. There is a new edition that just came out within the past year, so is more up to date with current research.

dormammau2008
07-02-06, 06:41 PM
how meany books are there on add then chloe are there some very good ones that most swear by?????dorm