View Full Version : Any Lacto-Ovo Vegetarians on the forum?

VisualImagery
07-17-06, 07:30 PM
For health reasons, I try to follow a lacto-ovo vegetarian eathing plan. Kashi Go Lean is a favorite.

Would like tips and good recipes and will share the same.

dervish
03-26-07, 01:28 PM
i'm not but my wife is, which means that i am except when i go out to eat. there is this new (well new to us at least) product called quorn itsmade of mushrooms. anyways it makes a really good chili and its really easy. just brown the quorn, add tomatos onion and beans and whaterever else you like followed by a whole lot of cumin and simmer until your ready to eat it.

dervish
03-26-07, 01:33 PM
oh sorry we're actually pescatarians, I misread. but I know plenty of good vegatarian dishes. adding goat cheese and fresh herbs makes a really good quiche and adding a good curry to black eyed peas is an tasty side dish

crime_scene
06-20-07, 12:01 AM
I'm basically ovo lacto...

soo late tired sleepy but will revisit with updates.... sleeeeeep

Sargon
06-20-07, 11:24 AM
I don't think quorn is made out of mushrooms. I heard a thing on it on NPR a year or two ago. Apparently, it's some giant, nutritious fungus, but it's not a mushroom. I could be mistaken, so I will now repair to wikipedia, the source of all knowledge.

dervish
06-21-07, 09:53 PM
you may be right. i think i read that on the ingredents but my memory could be wrong. still its a good meat alternative in chill (the ground quorn, they have other products that i haven't tried yet).

crime_scene
06-22-07, 01:03 AM
you can also use soy proteins like tofu or tempeh, I doubt that a fungus has all the components for a proper protein!!! ???

but I like to use a lentil/grain or grain/dairy to form perfect proteins.

moo4dougie
06-24-08, 12:17 AM
I am!

WOOT!

sans_serif
06-05-10, 10:26 PM
I am a ovo-vegetarian because I have a dairy intolerance. I occasionally have fish in my sushi ( and i have sushi about 2x a month), so i am not a TRUE (as those very committed vegetarians/ vegans like to say) vegetarian.

I also try to avoid processed sugar as much as possible, but it's hard. (I also have an intolerance to processed sugar).

IntlMom
06-25-10, 06:38 PM
first post here.... but I am too!