View Full Version : Help!

Crazy~Feet
07-18-06, 04:42 PM
I lost most of my colors and my onscreen print is all tiny in some spots?? :confused:

Crazy (no geek here!)

HighFunctioning
07-18-06, 04:49 PM
Could you possibly go into a little more detail? Most of your colors? Where? Images? The area where the posts are? Fonts? Is it just the web browser doing this? Or is this with all applications?

Crazy~Feet
07-18-06, 04:53 PM
Avas have color and motion. Backgrounds are colorless (ew!) and I have smaller letters on my desktop and forum "standards" like the menu. The banner is fine and so are the posts?

HighFunctioning
07-18-06, 04:58 PM
Hmm.... Did you check your display properties (right click on the desktop, settings tab) to see if your color setting is correct? Also, if you click Advanced within that, on the General tab, there is a font DPI setting that is usually set to 96 DPI (which is the system font scaling).

Did your computer start up like this? It might be a problem with your display driver.

Crazy~Feet
07-18-06, 05:00 PM
Hmm.... Did you check your display properties (right click on the desktop, settings tab) to see if your color setting is correct? Also, if you click Advanced within that, on the General tab, there is a font DPI setting that is usually set to 96 DPI (which is the system font scaling).

Did your computer start up like this? It might be a problem with your display driver.Windows XP style HF? My desktop does not work that way...I think?

HighFunctioning
07-18-06, 05:01 PM
Yes, this works in Windows XP. Right click anywhere on your desktop and click on Properties to get to the Display Properties dialog.

Crazy~Feet
07-18-06, 05:09 PM
Well I got there through the control panel, when I click on desktop I get something else :confused:...its 96 DPI. Now what?

HighFunctioning
07-18-06, 05:19 PM
When you're in the Display Properties dialog on the Settings tab, does it display the correct video card and monitor? (The drop down list that labeled "Display", in the middle of the dialog).

And your screen resolution is correct (also in Display Settings)? Some LCD's will scale down the image, if you have an LCD, and the resolution is higher than the LCD itself.

Are all fonts on the screen smaller than usual, or is it specific ones?

Windows XP usually only runs in 16-bit or 32-bit color (it only allows at or above 16-bit by default), but I'd imagine it would run lower if it were forced to (the settings tab again). Is that what the color setting shows? (Not 16 colors or 256 colors)?

And that's really odd that you can't get to Display Properties from the desktop. To my knowledge, that is possible in Windows XP, whether or not you're using the XP styles.

Crazy~Feet
07-18-06, 05:23 PM
How do I determine the coreect video card and number first of all??

I need my Dad he's a total geek lol but he is 700 miles away if not in Europe...

HighFunctioning
07-18-06, 05:25 PM
Well, if it looks specific, then it is probably correct. If it reads something generic, like Standard VGA or Unknown adapter, then it is probably wrong. It wouldn't change to something else specific on it's own.

"Plug and Play Monitor" indicates the default Windows monitor driver, but it probably won't have an impact here if it happens to be that.

Crazy~Feet
07-18-06, 05:29 PM
Phooey I will have to get back to this later, thanks HF.

Crazy~Feet
07-19-06, 01:43 AM
System restored to last Tuesday fixed it, never did find out wth it was but thanks for trying HF. :)

HighFunctioning
07-19-06, 06:16 PM
Not a problem. I'm glad you were able to resolve it on your own ... Crazy~Geek! :D

Crazy~Feet
07-19-06, 07:56 PM
Not a problem. I'm glad you were able to resolve it on your own ... Crazy~Geek! :DROFLMAO---if my dad and brother saw that they would probably just pass out from the irony!

Thanks for the vote of confidence though HF, you mah buuuuuddy ya know it??

Crazy :) (comp resolved and waiting on forum now)