View Full Version : Just got fired today, having a hard time

bumblebe
07-21-06, 01:24 PM
:( Every job Ive ever had since the age of 16 (I am now 28) I have been fired from. Ive never had a problem getting a job I come accross as a person who will get the job done, plus I lie on my job history, Id have to to get a job. I havnt told anyone because my friends and family are so proud of me for getting a new job and trying to do the right things, The reason I got fired is because I was at work (My new accches covered dr decided to take me off adderall which i have been on for years, and put me on welbutrin) and couldnt focus, so much to the point I was out of my mind bored i cant put into words how i felt. I told my superviser I wanted to leave early and since we were over staffed she saw no problem with that she just needed to get it oked by her boss, long story short her boss was in a long meeting I was going crazy so I told my supervisor that I was leaving and would deal with the conciquences later, and left.

I do this allot, leave situations I cant stand to be in, like absolute torture to be in a certain place at a certain time so I leave. Ive gotten alot better since on adderall but meds can only do so much, growing up i never grew up so I am teaching my self to do my best in these kinds of situations

I had a meeting yesterday with the big boss, I took in a note from my dr explaining my behavior was due to a change in meds and that I was back on my normal meds and will be fine to return to work.

the meeting ended with my boss telling me to call in the next day they would think it over, I called in and he put me through to his secretarys voice mail.

I havnt offically been fired but i can feel it. I dont want things to end this way, I want to make it right, I know what I did was wrong, Ive never been so upset over loosing a job like I am right now, I really thought I was changing for the better, this tells me im the same Bobbi. I want to make things right with My employeer and the people i work with, I barley started.

I dont want to tell anyone, I am so ashamed. The way I felt that day that I walked out was horrible, I dont know how i would have handled it differently.

I wish this thing had spell check, I am a horrible speller. Sorry:(

Attainathon
07-21-06, 01:38 PM
I am so sorry for how you are feeling right now.. :(

How long have you been employed with them?

justhope
07-21-06, 02:14 PM
I'm sorry too. I have never been fired, I always quit before they got me.

Didd you ever feel like this before? I mean all the guilt, realize you were wrong,,,want to make it right?

Attainathon
07-21-06, 02:19 PM
Yup! Feel like that quite a bit! :) Maybe not always such a serious situation, sometimes just dumb stuff but I think we all can feel your pain!

How long have you worked there?

bumblebe
07-21-06, 02:49 PM
Thanks guys, Funny how you say you usually quit before they can get you, because i feel like my way of quiting is by getting myself fired, normally i just stop trying and slack off so much that finally they fire me and im usually happy with that. Never occured to me that a two week notice does wonders for job refurals.

Ive only had this job for 3 weeks, and I never wanted to get fired, I was just having such a hard time participating, focusing, it was a really slow day, and not having adderall on top of that was horrible, this time is different because i want to make it up to my staff and consumers, I was wrong, excuses dont change a thing. for once id like to leave a job on good terms. Im tired of burning all my bridges.

I just got a call from my bosses assistant asking me to come in for a meeting on Monday. Im hoping this is good news, either that or they dont like to fire people on the phone. Wish me luck

Attainathon
07-21-06, 03:00 PM
I think its a positive sign that they are asking you to come in.. :)

Generally, unless there is a security reason, or they need you to turn in items, etc., phoning an employee to terminate is sometimes a preferred method for various reasons...

Not saying your out of the woods just yet, but take this weekend to think about how you are going to handle the meeting.. It is very likely that there may be changes or conditional terms added to your employment there.. Just remember, don't take it personally as a negative but that they value you enough to offer you the chance to succeed!

They aren't going to keep you around if they don't believe it can work, nor are they going to keep you just to have someone to torture! ;) So, if you really want this job agree to take any lumps given and go forward from there! Make sense?

bumblebe
07-21-06, 03:28 PM
yes, makes sence. And your right. I would be so happy to have a second chance that i would gladely agree to any new terms. Hey, your real cool, thanks for all the feed back it has really made me feel better .:)

justhope
07-21-06, 03:38 PM
Well I asked if you felt or dealt with this one differently because yes you screwed up and sounds like a bad habit,,but from waht you are saying you are already on the way up! by admitting it and not making excuses, taking responsibility and not letting it all ride on no meds.

That's huge and you are well on your way to keeping jobs.
I wish you the best, keep up the trend and things will get better.When you are accoutable to yourself first, and willing to take the blame instead of placing it, it opens a whole new world of missed opportunities.

*~ žEEK ~*
07-23-06, 11:59 AM
I wish this thing had spell check, I am a horrible speller. I'm a horrible speller too! Check out this "Free" Internet Explorer Browser ADD-ON that checks your spelling called ieSpell! You simply click on the ieSpell icon on your Browser's taskbar, it checks your spelling, and then offers suggestions in which you can choose from! I use it all the time on our Forums! It works perfectly and it's "Free"! What more could you ask for! :)

Here's the download link --> http://www.iespell.com/

bumblebe
07-24-06, 02:25 AM
Well I asked if you felt or dealt with this one differently because yes you screwed up and sounds like a bad habit,,but from waht you are saying you are already on the way up! by admitting it and not making excuses, taking responsibility and not letting it all ride on no meds.

That's huge and you are well on your way to keeping jobs.
I wish you the best, keep up the trend and things will get better.When you are accoutable to yourself first, and willing to take the blame instead of placing it, it opens a whole new world of missed opportunities.
Thank you That means allot to me. I dont know why It took 29 years for me to realize life is something created by each individual, I want to create something beautiful to take back home with me to show God. mind over matter.........right?

bumblebe
07-24-06, 02:30 AM
I'm a horrible speller too! Check out this "Free" Internet Explorer Browser ADD-ON that checks your spelling called ieSpell! You simply click on the ieSpell icon on your Browser's taskbar, it checks your spelling, and then offers suggestions in which you can choose from! I use it all the time on our Forums! It works perfectly and it's "Free"! What more could you ask for! :)

Here's the download link --> http://www.iespell.com/
OMG! you are awesome! I downloaded the link so now I can use the words I want to use instead of having to come up with a similar word that is easier to spell.

bumblebe
07-24-06, 02:57 PM
I had a feeling I had been fired after the last interview, they said they would think it over and call me back, they did and i had a meeting this morning to confirm that they decided to let me go.

I really wanted to wright my wrongs, I told her I didn't want to leave on bad terms. I asked if I could stay as a volunteer and help out, anything to make up for what I had done wrong. I'm taking this pretty hard
why does it seem like it is so hard for me to just live. people all around me hold down jobs for years, If I don't change the person I am today then I'm afraid this is who I am going to be for the rest of my life.
Dr.Phil says that when people know they need to change but don't its because of one of two reasons 1)they don't know how 2)There isn't enough of a motive.
I think I don't know how.

I NEVER EVER WANT TO GET FIRED AGAIN:(

justhope
07-24-06, 05:25 PM
Things happen for a reason Bumble....

Don't dwell on this too long! Don't stay too long, you learned from your mistake right?
Maybe that was the whole cosmic plan? One last mess up to get it right.
I did the same thing for years and years, except remember I was a quitter!
I can honestly tell you when I pulled my head out, got on my meds, worked on me...and my faults.
I have been at the same job for 7 years, I even moved up in the ranks.
You can do it Bumblebee, I know you can, because I did and I am no great person, no magic, just honest hard soul searching, dealing with the "grind', biting my tounge, and listening to those around me who made it, and learning.

Hang in there, this is not just another lost job, with a renewed attitude, and new outlook, it's a knock at the door of opportunity!

I have faith in you. Know you have faith in you, shake it off! And get out there!

Take care , and I hope to hear good things next post!

Hope

jetamio
07-24-06, 11:16 PM
I'm soooo sorry!! This must hurt. I wish I had the magic advice to give you. Hang in there. One step at a time. Remember, this is just one moment in your life.

*~ žEEK ~*
07-25-06, 01:13 AM
OMG! you are awesome! I downloaded the link so now I can use the words I want to use instead of having to come up with a similar word that is easier to spell.Isn't life just grand? :D

Might as well make it easy on yourself, if you can, right? :)

Peace