View Full Version : Taking Adderall AND Prozac?

AllFiredUp
07-26-06, 07:24 PM
I currently take 30mg of Adderall twice daily for my ADD. I also take 225mg of Effexor XR, 150mg of Wellbutrin XL, 15mg x 2 of Buspar and 100mg of Luvox daily. I wonder how many calories are in all those pills?

Anyway, my anxiety and depression are becoming more of an issue than they have been in several years. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow and thinking about dropping the Wellbutrin and starting Prozac. I have taken just about every SSRI out there, but the only tri-cyclic I've taken in the past was Elavil.

My mom responds very well to Prozac and she has a lot of the same issues as me- ADD, obsessive-compulsive, sleep apnea, blah-blah, ad nauseum.... I wonder if that might be a good sign that it could work for me?

Anyone had experience with Prozac while taking Adderall?

VisualImagery
07-26-06, 07:48 PM
All...

Do you take all of these at one time?
Prescribed by the same doctor?
Dispensed by the same pharmacy?
Prozac, Luvox, and Effexor are SSRI's
BuSpar is an anti-anxiety drug,
Wellbutrin is in another class.
The adderall is an amphetamine and has interactions with effexor and prozac.

Why would you be on 3 SSRI's at the same time?
How many doctors are treating you?
How many different pharmacies do you use?
A drug interaction check on medscape showed several interactions in your drug mix.
The more drugs you take, the more chance of serious interactions.

There are no calories of concern in your meds, the number of meds should be your big concern. It would help to have more detail, not for medical info, but to understand why so many of the same kind of drug. I would be worried if it was me.

I don't think it is wise for us to give you any information until you see your doctor and talk to your pharmacist. This could be a serious health issue for you and that is your priority.

RADD