View Full Version : A 'Hi' to the Other UK-er's

Zero
03-14-03, 11:43 AM
Hi

Just wanted to say hi to all based in the UK, as I understand we have even more trouble securing diagnoses for adult ADD.

I'm here researching ADD for my other half, who I think may have the condition.

Hope to get to know some of you soon!

Peace
Zero

kitty_kaht
03-14-03, 02:53 PM
Hiya zero and welcome to you, its good to have you on board, looking forward to getting to know you........

Kate x:D :D :D

Andrew
03-14-03, 02:54 PM
Although I am not in the UK, I would still like to welcome you to the forums :) Great to have you here!!!

irish_lady4
03-15-03, 06:58 PM
hi Zero
Im from the uk as well,look forward to getting to know u!!!!!
irish_lady4

Jonathan
08-26-03, 06:42 AM
Hi!

Actually, at the moment I am not in the UK - I am living in Germany - but I am British. I like these forums. Pity there is not a greater British presence (not because I would want to form a clique, but because we have our own special problems - recognition above all).

I think it would be nice if as many UK members as possible could post a quick hello here (if you haven't already!).

Hello!

Jonathan.

seeker2
02-20-04, 04:39 AM
Hi.

I'm in the Uk,and look forward to talking to you.

I'm here looking for help for an American friend of mine.

apcpapergirl
02-20-04, 09:46 PM
Welcome to the ADD forums seeker

seeker2
02-21-04, 12:19 AM
Thank you.Can anyone explain to me-or help me on this as to there being a connection between epilepsy and ADD?

Is that possible?

A friend of mine has a daughter with Epilepsy,annd possibly ADD as well.Her other daughter has been diagnosed with ADD,and I'm wondering if there is a link here?

Sorry about keep editing:confused:

MadDad
06-06-04, 06:02 AM
Hi

I live in England and have a 10 year old who was diagnosed in 2003. We had great difficulty in getting his condition recognised. We were that fed up with hunting round for a support group in our area we have set up an online group. We are aimed at anyone with ADD/ADHD and would love to hear from anyone in a similar position.

GeegaHoH
01-11-05, 06:08 AM
Hi everyone,

We are just starting on the long road to diagnosis!! my 11 year old son has ADD (i think!) He has just been reffered to the children and families therapy unit but it could take months for the appointment to come through. im looking for advice and guidance on how to help him in the meantime!!

He is a good kid, very loving and sensitive but finds it so hard to focus on one thing, his homework is a great example of this. he can spend 3 to 4 hours to produce one side of a4. He is unaware that my partner and i have been to the doctor about him, i m going to have a chat with his school later today.

i really feel for him and both my partner and i want to do our best for him, but we seem to be "feeling in the dark" as far as ADD goes.

My sister has 3 boys, the youngest 2 have ADHD. she is a great source of inspiration and we do get alot of good advice from her, but she seems so much better at things than i do! i just want to help my lovely little boy!

Any advice??

clawless
01-12-05, 09:44 AM
Hi Annette

You will find lots of great info here

http://www.addforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7

and if you are looking for something in particular try using the search function on the upper right of each page

karennerak
08-24-05, 03:17 PM
Karen here in Coventry Uk.. saying Hiya to the other UK-ers...

I'm surprised that this UK section of the ADD Forums is so quiet...
I'm always searching through the Internet for Forums just like this one ; Where people can share stories of diagnosis and give each other inspiration, Hope and Friendship...

How can people help each other if hardly anyone gets involved here?
I don't know any Adult ADDers local to me, or anywhere else either...
I know they exist, there are plenty of them here lol
Is there anyone of My age, who like myself, has recently been diagnosed, I'm 41.

I have posted a few messages in the Forums here and i feel like i'm invisible :(

(((Group Hug)))

Karen

clawless
09-05-05, 12:17 PM
Your not invisible Karen i've found you ;)

((((HUGS))))

karennerak
09-07-05, 09:19 AM
Hello clawless...

It's Great to see another UK/Female ADDer :D

And there was me, thinking No one could see me! lol
I will have to find another hiding place LOL

Karen:)

william tell
11-22-05, 12:16 AM
Would a brit by birth right be any good ,According to the embassy ,I'm only missing the passport :D