View Full Version : I use Adderall as an anti-depressant

amphetamine78
08-17-06, 07:58 AM
Tomorrow I will see my doctor and ask him to either write me a perscription for adderall, or shoot me in the face. Either one would insure my happiness.

Now, really though, I take Effexor adn Adderall, and the Adderall has worked better than the effexor every has. I love how happy I am when I take it. I'm a normal person again.

I'm able to be interested in things, I'm able to hang out with my friends, I'm able, to stay awake longer than 5 minutes. It cures pretty much everything. But some people think there is something wrong with this - Yes, sherlock, I am aware that I am dependent on adderall, thank you for telling me.

But I don't care. What's the big deal? Some people can't find interest in life as easily as others, so those people take a pill that makes them feel just like everyone else does. Normal. I need it soooo ****ing badly though.

smileh1985
09-23-06, 10:55 PM
So are you saying that the effexor is not working and the adderall is? How would you know that If you're taking both at the same time? Maybe I need acombo like this for my depression I have. Adderall seems to be working as a mute button for me and im not sure I like it so much.

Zahra
12-26-06, 07:42 PM
I just made a thread that was near-identical. Adderall lifts me up out of depression. The only problem is convincing myself to take it reguarly. This is where depression interferes. I don't deserve it. Since I'm useless and worthless, why waste valuable medication on me?

*~ žEEK ~*
12-26-06, 09:36 PM
The stimulants have always worked well for my depression too. It makes sense to me though. If you treat what is actually causing the depression "ADD", then the depression never materializes in the first place!

Before my diagnosis of ADD, for 6-8 years (Not sure) they treated my depression with antidepressants. But it never went away. Therefore, eventually a doctor finally figured out that there was likely something else going on and I was sent to a psych doc. Fortunately the finally figured out that I had ADD, started treating the ADD and the depression mostly disappeared.

Moody Blonde
01-02-07, 04:08 PM
The stimulants have always worked well for my depression too. It makes sense to me though. If you treat what is actually causing the depression "ADD", then the depression never materializes in the first place!

Before my diagnosis of ADD, for 6-8 years (Not sure) they treated my depression with antidepressants. But it never went away. Therefore, eventually a doctor finally figured out that there was likely something else going on and I was sent to a psych doc. Fortunately the finally figured out that I had ADD, started treating the ADD and the depression mostly disappeared.
That was the case with me, too. I was told for years "Oh, it's the depression making you distracted...." I was ready to scream! Finally, a wonderful, thorough p-doc tested and diagnosed my ADD. God bless him for listening to me!

jeaniebug
01-02-07, 04:40 PM
That was the case with me, too. I was told for years "Oh, it's the depression making you distracted...." I was ready to scream! Finally, a wonderful, thorough p-doc tested and diagnosed my ADD. God bless him for listening to me!
Moody,

Thanks for that post. I have had depression my whole life and been on virtually every antidepressant ever made in the last 15 years. My depression has never been lifted, but I did lose my drive and zest for life. And gain a lot of weight. And start having anxiety attacks.

The "she's basically an absent-minded loser" label has defined me. I am going for dx of inatentive ADHD next Monday.

I told my regular Doctor about suspecting ADHD, and she said I couldn't have it because I did well in school. (Except for the procrastination and test anxiety). She said her "other" patient with ADHD could not keep a job for more than 2 weeks and has been married 7 times. And that all my symptoms are consistent with depression. :faint:

So this thread is very relevant and timely for me! Hoping to lift the fog with a little adderall soon. I'll keep you posted. :cool: PJ

netsavy006
01-26-07, 03:34 PM
I've been told I have depression but I question it myself. I guess you would say that I'm in denial. I've taken more mood meds than I've really wanted to. I've taken zoloft (still on), Atavan, risperdal (just started for the 2nd time), clonodine, lunesta, Ritalin LA, Strattera, Metadate CD. These all effected my mood in one way or another. I'm gonna ask the doctor Monday 1/29 if I can start Concerta to help my "Aspieness". I like being an aspie and never want it to go away. (Asperger's).