View Full Version : Ritalin as a "Booster" dose to Concerta

VisualImagery
08-17-06, 03:32 PM
Does anyone on the forum take Concerta with Ritalin-or Methylphenidate? It would be interesting to talk about why and how well it works.

I take 3, 10mg doses 3x day. 7, 12, 5. The last dose gets me through the evening when the Concerta 12 hour effect wears off. With my fibromyalgia this is a must or else I am unable to do anything other than wipe out on the couch. I don't always take all 3 doses-especially if I sleep in on the weekends.

Share your experience-are you able to titrate dosages for high concentration times?

Becky

Crazy~Feet
08-17-06, 04:26 PM
I am considering boosting my Concerta with IR Ritalin when I go back to school. I am very interested to watch this thread :). Radd, how much Concerta are you taking and when?

Crazy :cool:

VisualImagery
08-17-06, 04:40 PM
The Cocktail of Attention, Mood, and Pain Relief, with a twist of lime:

Scrips

72mg Concerta AM
10mg Ritalin 3x day
.25mg Alprazolam 3x day for anxiety-feels like it smooths out the stims.
.5mg estrogen patch 2x week-yam source-Estrogen helps with my ADD and depression.
OTC

400-600mg Aleve 1-2x day
Claritin 1x day
Multi-vitamin
Calcium/D/Magnesium supplement
Alternative therapies

Massage-once a month
Relaxation and stretching-need to do more

I am looking into other supplements-but not the big money kind. Fish oil-prefer a plant oil with same, L-carnitine, and other brain friendly supplements, but will do plenty of research. Would like to learn Tai Chi or something that will help with coordination and balance and help fibro. Middle eastern dancing would be great too, no classes here though.

shoeless
04-10-07, 10:05 PM
Here's my prescribed cocktail:

72mg Concerta in the morning
20mg Ritalin in the afternoon/evening/as needed

Here's what my mother has me on:

fish oil (OmegaBrite is the best brand, apparently.)
multivitamins
magnesium
spirulina (bluegreen algae)

...and a high protein diet because apparently the ADD brain needs more protein.

it works pretty well for me.
(though I rarely take my full dose of concerta. I usually only take 36mg.)

If I don't take my evening dose of ritalin, I don't really "crash"... but I do seem to slowly "fade away". I can't seem to do much more than watch TV.

chloe516
04-10-07, 10:16 PM
72mg Concerta in the morning
20mg Ritalin in the afternoon/evening/as needed

I used to be on that but now I take Ritalin LA 60mg then a booster of Ritalin IR 20mg in the afternoon. Regular Ritalin seems to work better for me. I just have to make sure I remember to take it!

sabotender
07-14-14, 03:15 PM
im on Ritalin 10mg & concerta 54mg (taken together in the morning). it works for me. =)

ruby.149.42
07-14-14, 09:06 PM
Old thread but interesting to see several on 72mg Concerta. I was put on 54mg a couple of months ago but I barely get 4-5 hours out of it and it's just not enough. I've been "topping up" with IR and was considering asking if I could just go back to IR next visit which isn't for a few months. Maybe I should try 72mg .. it just sounds like a lot! I do worry about my heart in all of this.
I'd love to hear from anyone else that is on these higher doses of Concerta and/or topping up.

MADD As A Hatte
07-14-14, 11:02 PM
Old thread but interesting to see several on 72mg Concerta. I was put on 54mg a couple of months ago but I barely get 4-5 hours out of it and it's just not enough. I've been "topping up" with IR and was considering asking if I could just go back to IR next visit which isn't for a few months. Maybe I should try 72mg .. it just sounds like a lot! I do worry about my heart in all of this.
I'd love to hear from anyone else that is on these higher doses of Concerta and/or topping up.

I'm on 54mg Concerta which lasts me for the working day; with a chaser of 2 x 10mg Ritalin for studying in the evening, when needed. Works for me!

Nacl_H2O
09-17-14, 09:37 PM
I was on 36 mg concerta and 10 mg Ritalin IR as a topper. Seemed to make me tired, focused, but not able to to much. I'm back on Ritalin 10 mg IR 3 x day and again by noon I want to nap. Unless I'm really active which then I'm fine but if I sit to work or read, I'm not motivated to do anything but mindless stuff or nap. Any ideas? Have any of you on higher doses went through this stage or is my lose dose too high?