View Full Version : What major pharmacies carry desoxyn?

texassweetpea
08-20-06, 02:31 AM
I am needing to change my ADD meds since I cannot tolerate adderall anymore. My insurance covers generic desoxyn but Walgreens doesn't carry it. Does anyone know where I can find it? I realize pharmacies vary from state to ste...I'm curious about major chains...not mom and pop places.

Thanks In advance,

Dana in Texas

D.B. Cooper
08-20-06, 03:09 AM
If i remember correctly the generic was discontinued.

Sorry man :(

texassweetpea
08-20-06, 04:19 AM
I guess that's why the dang pharmacists are telling me it don't come in generic...making me freakin ticked lol.

JustNeedHelp
08-20-06, 03:44 PM
I am needing to change my ADD meds since I cannot tolerate adderall anymore. My insurance covers generic desoxyn but Walgreens doesn't carry it. Does anyone know where I can find it? I realize pharmacies vary from state to ste...I'm curious about major chains...not mom and pop places.

Thanks In advance,

Dana in Texasuh not to sound like i dont trust you but, you want to go from Adderall, to Desoxyn?
If you can get a doctor to do that by all means go ahead, but... i doubt you would get that luck, first oyu would try Dexedrine, unless your doctor gives scripts, pretty loosly, but again not trying to sound like i dont trust you its just a much better chance you would get Dexedrine first... and tehy have generic.

Master Rat
08-20-06, 09:47 PM
I went form concerta to Desoxyn so what's the big deal. I would recomend you try Dex first though. I find Dex makes me hapier, I am a little more wakeful and I also seem to be able to concentrate longer. If you get side affects from Dex, do not hesitate trying Desoxyn. Desoxyn is good stuff, so it will always be in my ADD repair kit. Desoxyn is only made by one company "Ovation".

Generic Dex by barr is not as good as Generic Dex by Mall.

Good luck Tom.

texassweetpea
08-21-06, 03:20 PM
What do you mean you don't trust me? lol Well my doc will give me anything I ask for...no luck involved except the day I lucked into finding him! I gave up on the desoxyn BTW and he put me on 60 mg ritalin which my insurance payed for. Desoxyn don't come in generic anymore so my cheap insurance won't pay plus no one has it. Hey I got some ativan from him today too! lol

kathy1
01-13-08, 04:58 PM
I realize this question was posed over a year ago, but as of January 2008, finding Desoxyn can still be challenging. It has been my experience that Walgreens can and will get Desoxyn for you, and it only takes a few days to come in. Problem is, I've found they're not the best at keeping it in stock even if they know me and know I'm coming in month after month.

Target, on the other hand, either had it already or was more than willing to get the medication for me and has been wonderful about keeping it in stock, working with me if they didn't have the full amount on-hand the day I needed it and, very importantly, were completely nonjudgmental about me taking the medication which, by the way, has worked better than anything else out there that I've tried, and believe me, I've tried just about all of them.

Anyway, it can't hurt to ask your local pharmacies if they can get it and are willing to stock it for you. I was told several years ago that the generic had been pulled off the shelf and to date have no knowledge of another being available. I've been told it's one of the oldest ADD meds out there (don't know this for a fact, though), but like others, I've found many pharmacists have never heard of the drug or haven't stocked it for years. It's a shame because it worked the best for me and also caused the least side effects.

As an aside, I started Vyvanse 6 weeks ago as I seemed to being struggling more to stay focused. Well, obviously the Vyvanse isn't the answer I'm looking for since instead of working right now as I should be given the fact that I'm about six weeks behind, I'm sitting here searching the web with yet another upset stomach.

Good luck on finding Desoxyn. It may take a little work to find it, but it's certainly worth it.

Bohica
04-22-08, 04:55 PM
Quick note:
Pharmacists have a professional obligation to dispense Desoxyn or help you find it. If a Pharmacist ever tells you they don't have it and I can't help you, that is as if a Doctor were to come to your aid then walk away and not help you. So when at a Pharmacist ask them to help you find it or order it and usually comes in in 5 days.

Rite Aid refused to fill my presciption and another Rite Aid said all they had to do was order it. So the one who refused to order it is now under investigation by the Pharmacutical Board.

For what it's worth, Desoxyn is not unlike the many other ADD/ADHD Meds and should be considered as a weapon against ADD. Don't be scared of its generic name. At low dosages 10 - 30 mg /day it is not as strong as Adderall.