View Full Version : DAYTRANA ADHD PATCH for kids!!

jenijenjeni
08-22-06, 11:55 PM
I just wanted you all to know they now have an ADHD patch for kids. It has been a God send for us. My son, Tristan, was just diagnosed this year with ADHD and for months it has been SO hard to get him to swallow a pill. He was taking Concerta, but finally just couldn't swallow it any longer. So we switched to Adderall, which we could open the capsule and he would swallow the tiny beads with icecream. But, then he was refusing to even do that.

Anyway, I was wondering if any of you have tried the new Daytrana patch? And I just wanted to let you know it now exsists and you can ask the Dr for it if you are having the trouble I was.

I just wish they would invent a patch to get him to go to sleep at night LOL!:D

MGDAD
08-23-06, 03:51 PM
I looked at the chart that shows how the med is released. It seems to be released continually over a 9hr period. The concentration in your blood ramps up evenly over a 9hr period. That does not seem like an optimum way to deliver meds to your bloodstream. It will take a couple hours until you get any effect, then at 9 hours you will have a really high concentration in your blood.

Does your child have problems with how the med builds up in your son?

BobbyK
12-04-06, 08:04 PM
Has anyone used Daytrana yet? My son and I have been taking it for 8 weeks now and it has really helped my son he is 10 and on 20mg patches and it has seemed to help me as well I am on the 30mg patches

Lynners
12-04-06, 10:05 PM
I was considering using the Daytrana. I have bad tummy probs and my thinking was that a patch would have less tummy upset. Keep us posted on how well it works for you.

lbawd
01-06-07, 02:03 PM
Have you had any experience with it irritating your skin? My daughter is complaining about it itching but I am not sure if it is the patch or the bandaid we use to keep it on. All the other meds made my daughter grumpy but the patch does not seem to have that affect.

lbawd
01-06-07, 02:07 PM
My doctor said it should be effective in 30 minutes where did you read about it? I would like more information.

BobbyK
01-07-07, 10:45 AM
It makes me itch sometimes but the benifits out way it I think

Here is its website www.daytrana.com

Shopgirl3710
01-09-07, 11:43 PM
Oh my gosh, I itched all the time. When I would take the patch off, you could
actually see where the patch was even a week later. I had to start putting
the patch on my upper leg because my hip area was so irritated.
I itched and I would scratch, it felt great !! ha ha
I looked like a quilt. In time the patch spots would get faint pink.
The medicine worked great for me though. I am now trying Concerta.

I do miss my patch though. Kind of like security, I knew when I had my
patch on I was getting my medicine. Trying to remember if I took a
pill is sometimes challenging for me.:confused:

TheBryantBunch
03-08-07, 08:03 PM
ITCHING SOLUTION ... go to Ebay and type "Bag Balm", a 10 oz. salve will appear. It was originally used in the dairy for cow teats. A little goes a long way, will protect skin avoiding irritaion. Good luck :)

Scuter Puter
03-14-07, 06:49 AM
My daughter used Daytrana, but was allergic to the glue in the patch. Man did it work wonders though. I loved it. I would have kept using it if it wasn't for that allergic reation. =(

obbligato
05-20-07, 10:13 PM
I love the patch! Now just to get the dosage right for my son! The one thing I don't like about it is that it takes longer to get into his system so he is a bit wild at the bus stop.

obbligato
05-20-07, 10:14 PM
ITCHING SOLUTION ... go to Ebay and type "Bag Balm", a 10 oz. salve will appear. It was originally used in the dairy for cow teats. A little goes a long way, will protect skin avoiding irritaion. Good luck :)
When would you use the bee balm? after you take the patch off?

obbligato
05-20-07, 10:17 PM
My doctor said it should be effective in 30 minutes where did you read about it? I would like more information.Wow, I was told it would take 2 hours for the affects to take hold. That is what they have on the daytrana site also. Although I see some improvement with my son after an hour and a half.

Lady Lark
05-21-07, 11:17 AM
Oddly enough my son prefered taking a pill. It took alot of explaining (and showing him my own birth control patch) to get him to even want to try it. Even then he didn't like it and told me he'd rather take a pill. Once we droped the patch and went to Strattera he was so excited.
"It's a pill? YES!"

lol