View Full Version : ADD & BIPOLAR DISORDER

nealman
08-24-06, 11:28 AM
I have been told that you can have ADD & Bipolar at the same time. Is there some sort of test for this? My daughter has been diagnosed with ADD/Depression/ODD/CD/Somatisism/Histrionic Traites, but I think she is Bipolar with ADD. Is there a test or some sort of evaluation that I can request? I just want to eliminate it as an option. How do you know if it is the depression that causes the many mood changes? She also hears voices to one degree or anouther. She sees a doctor, but no progress has been made. She has had reactions to concerta, and she took a genaric of Zoloft. The reaction to the Zoloft caused a two week stay in the hospital, and the police to take her their. Any help is greatly appreciated.

sss180b
08-25-06, 05:20 AM
its pretty common for dual-diagnoses to be made with adhd. to my knowledge there isn't a single test that can diagnose adhd and bpd. speak to your doctor (or if you're not happy with your current doctor, try someone else) about further testing to eliminate other possible diagnoses. otherwise there's heaps of info online - i found this website to be useful: (link removed by admin)
Anyone know of any other useful websites??