View Full Version : Free online Cognitive Behaviour Therapy

amazing_lobster
08-24-06, 04:34 PM
This is funded by the Scotish National Health Service, hopefully people will find it useful.

http://www.livinglifetothefull.com/

Amazing:D

Tara
08-24-06, 05:14 PM
This is very interesting.

VisualImagery
08-24-06, 05:33 PM
Very interesting find indeed I signed up for it and ""will give it a go"-it appears to be exactly what it is and follows CBT protocol. Could be a great resource for those who do not have health insurance or cannot find a compatible therapist.

As I go through it, I will keep things updated-the Dr.s voice is very gentle-not upsetting or hypnotic. Since it is funded by reliable organizations and the government of Scotland........ it is definitely not a wacko-quacko site-unless you are anti-Scottish-if so-I will paint my face with woad, strip naked and come after you, just won't bring Mel along. (I just needed a little comic relief.)

RADD

Scattered
08-24-06, 06:25 PM
I was actually reading recently that CBT with computer was shown to have some positive responses. Part of it is about adjusting your thinking and while it can't offer the same human contact and support as a therapist, it could help you look at your thought process. The nice thing is that it also would help promote taking responsibility for your healing process. It's pretty easy to put that responsibility on the therapist and wait for him/her to help you get better (which unfortunately is not how it works).

Thanks for sharing the link!:)

Scattered

Foghat
10-03-06, 09:44 AM
Ok... RADDmom and Scattered, how much did it help? Or did either of you follow through on the program? Sorry to call you two out... but I was just wondering if, after two months, you have finished... or are continuing the online therapy. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

Anywhoo:D

Iwalani8
10-03-06, 11:29 PM
studying CBT right now in my health psych class. it statistically seems to be a very promising mode of therapy, but for specific types of issues and specific types of people. CBT is less successful in treating addictions, but quite successful in helping an individual adopt a wider range of thought, change their negative thinking and habits into constructive ones, and other similar issues.

we did some practice with a CBT therapy chart we individually filled out in order to recognize our thoughts about any negative emotion we may feel, and went through the ways it is used by the therapist and the individual. i'm looking for the blank chart so i can post it but i can't find it yet because i have no organization to my computer files....