View Full Version : School Trips

irish_lady4
03-14-03, 10:33 PM
hi
Does anyones kids here that have adhd go away with there school on trips for a few days to a week?
Jack brought home a form to go to a few places and paris is one of those places, he so wants to go and i so want to let him, but im worried i know while his meds work he will be ok but first thing in the mornings and in the evenings when it has worn of could be hard for him and the others. All i think about is that the teachers and friends etc.. will yell and shout at him if hes lively and his uusually way,In fact u could say in scared for him to go, if i could i would ask to go with him, but thats just be being over protective i know. He needs to beable to do this by himself and have fun.
Should i go speak to his headmaster about what way it would work with Jack getting special needs in school? I dont want to sound like an over baring mum!! u know what i mean?I would love to here if anyone else has gone through this with there child please?
Lynne(irish_lady4)

Mary
03-14-03, 10:55 PM
Lynne,

I know it may not be of much help, and it's a little different, but Beth has gone to camp for a week during summer and does fine. All we did was sign in any meds for the nurse to dispense. Never have had a problem in all the time they have been going either. I hope this helps.

Andrew
03-14-03, 11:09 PM
Lynne,

I can't say that I've been through this, but I think your idea of speaking with his headmaster is an excellent one. I would be honest and frank with the headmaster regarding your concerns, and askhow your son's needs can be met.

Hugss hon!

irish_lady4
03-15-03, 06:57 PM
huggssssss guys
thanks so much for ur imput!!!
love Lynne