View Full Version : Tabbed Browsing-IE 7-Die and go to surfing heaven

VisualImagery
08-27-06, 07:19 PM
Internet Explorer 7 (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.mspx?mg_ID=10010)

Here is a link to the new explorer if that is your browser of choice-it supports tabbed browsing-great for easy surfing. Easy to download and easy to learn the basics!

RADD

FrazzleDazzle
08-27-06, 07:47 PM
Thanks Raddmom for posting the link. It's about time IE caught up to Mozilla! Iv'e been using Mozilla for almost a year now, and absolutely LOVE it, especially the multiple tab feature. It takes some getting used to, but if you go with it, it is a very handy function, no matter what browser you use.

livinginchaos
08-28-06, 12:26 AM
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Firefox and would love to see how IE7 compares to it.

Crazy~Feet
08-28-06, 05:22 AM
I LOVE LOVE LOVE FirefoxMe too, me too, me too!!

and would love to see how IE7 compares to it.Nuh uh, no way, me no trusty Exploder!

Chele77
08-28-06, 06:20 AM
Sorry guys, but, I have no clue what this is, please explain???

Crazy~Feet
08-28-06, 06:34 AM
http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/ :D Tabs. Like those dividers in a binder? Better than pages!

HighFunctioning
08-28-06, 05:53 PM
Opera is a nice browser too.... but I agree on the opinions on Firefox... But IE7 finally supports transparent PNG images correctly! :-)

andecala
10-16-06, 11:28 AM
Firefox is the ADDers dream/nightmare come true. My "Home Page" is actually 19 different tabs that all load as soon as I open Firefox. All the things I look at everyday are open, active and ready to go, even when I'm not quite ready. I don't have to remember what sites I go to every day, they are right there in front of me.

Eventually, I am going to find a way to use this to make me more productive in my "away from the computer chores", but I haven't worked that part out just yet.

I'm sure the IE 7 tabs are good too along with lots of other new features. I'll have to check it out sometime.

pembroke
10-16-06, 04:08 PM
how do you get firefox to open all those tabs? i would like to be able to have several pages open at once, could you please explain?

thank you.

Foghat
10-16-06, 05:26 PM
how do you get firefox to open all those tabs? i would like to be able to have several pages open at once, could you please explain?

thank you.
Right Click link that you would like to visit... "open in new tab".
OR
Ctrl + T to open blank new tab...

pembroke
10-16-06, 06:26 PM
i know how to use the tabs, but what i want to know is how andecala gets 19 tabs to open the minute firefox is opened...

Foghat
10-17-06, 04:45 AM
I'm not sure how SHE does it but you can Right Click one one of the tabs... "bookmark all tabs" and enter a "folder name" and decide where you want to put it... ie: bookmarks.

By clicking bookmarks... and "ADD" you can open all references to what you were researching with a coupla clicks....

Hope this helps:D

toastermax
10-17-06, 06:36 AM
i know how to use the tabs, but what i want to know is how andecala gets 19 tabs to open the minute firefox is opened...use Session manager, its a firefox plugin. search for plugins on the firefox site and search for session manager. You may also find many other useful plugins, such as weather plugins, gmail plugins, etc.

have fun!!!