View Full Version : Why Is She Annoyed?

Fawbio
08-30-06, 01:37 PM
Hello everyone...I'm Andrew. Recently I've been worrying about a certain many things, but I recently needed some advice about a current situation.

There's this girl that I really like that I met through our school's marching band...she and I have talked at practice and over the phone a couple times and it seems that we've really hit it off.

My problem is that she seemed kind of annoyed yesterday night when we were talking...and I hope it wasn't something that I said. She also said she should go and call her friend from her old town because he had called her before (and she's never hung up with me unless she really had to)...so does that mean she's reconsidering spending time with me? Please help me out, and maybe how I should bring this up with her...?

I was thinking something like:

"Hey, I noticed that it kind of seemed like something was bothering you the other night when we were talking on the phone...everything alright?"

And I know it's lame to think through all this and that I should just be able to say the right thing, but I really care about this girl and I'm really not good with social skills and everything...please help!

Fawbio
08-30-06, 03:01 PM
Ten views and no replies? :( lol...please help!

Chele77
08-30-06, 03:11 PM
Fawbio,
Well, us women can get pretty emotional sometimes. It may not have anything to do with you. I think you are jumping to conclusions by assuming that if she gets off the phone with you, she doesn't want to spend time with you. If you want to ask her if something was bothering her that night, go for it. But, I wouldn't ask her if she doesn't want to spend time with you anymore, from my experience, a lot of girls would be put off by that.
Good luck, and let us know what happens.
Chele

livinginchaos
08-30-06, 09:27 PM
I completely agree with Chele's advice :)

Fawbio
08-30-06, 10:03 PM
Hey thanks for the advice...I guess I was just a bit stressed out when I posted this. Kind of just needed to vent...

I'm really happy, because she and I had a great phone conversation tonight and we're going to hang out at our orientation for school tomorrow....:)

Thanks for the advice, and making me feel better.

Crazy~Feet
08-31-06, 02:34 AM
There is absolutely nothing wrong with rehearsing possible conversations :) in fact I strongly urge forum members to do so. We ADDers tend to get foot in mouth disease :foot: quite easily when we begin leaping meta-levels.

Chele77
08-31-06, 07:46 AM
Isn't that the truth. It is SO hard to control slamming my foot into my mouth so hard my teeth shatter! ;)

The fun part is we all get to work on it together.

Fawbio,
This is great news! Happy to hear you guys are hanging out soon! Good luck!

Chele

KFabulous
08-31-06, 04:30 PM
Hey there! I am sure things are going to be just fine. As females, we are difficult to read most of the time. I am sure if you just be your sweet, caring self, things will work out. Don't smother her though. As hard as it may seem, let her do some of the calling. It probably wasn't you that she was annoyed about. Don't worry!

sconard82
09-01-06, 02:12 AM
You'll be fine, man. There are a lot of other girls out there. You have to realize that you deserve her attention. Confidence is attractive. Confidence is knowing that you have a lot to offer this, or any, girl. Neediness is not attractive. Neediness is calling her all the time, or feeling like you did something wrong every time she is in a bad mood. If you're asking "What's wrong?" all the time, that reeks of neediness.

Believe in yourself, man. You are a great person and you deserve everything good that comes into your life.

Oh, and don't get stuck in the "nice guy" trap. Despite what you will hear, nice guys do not finish last. I am a very nice and respectful guy. I encourage everyone to be a nice person and respectful of others. It helps a lot in life. HOWEVER, don't become a doormat. Don't let people walk all over you. If someone offends you, let them know. Do it in a calm and respectful way, though. If you feel as if someone is trying to play games with you, call him/her on it.

Be nice, be respectful, and remember that there is nothing wrong with demanding that respect be given back to you. If it is not, avoid a relationship with that person. You will avoid many bad friendships and relationships that way.

Anyway, KFabulous answered everything perfectly. I just wanted to try and change your perspective about life and relationships. ;)

Fawbio
09-01-06, 11:11 AM
whew...glad i didnt bring it up with her then ;)

thanks sconard...im normally way more confident but...well i dunno. i'll just put on my gameface and hope for the best lol..

sconard82
09-01-06, 04:32 PM
Don't worry, man. I know it's hard to be confident when you're really into someone. You feel really vulnerable. That's not a bad thing...I actually miss it, because I haven't really been that into anyone in 5 years or so. So enjoy the butterflies. ;)

Iwalani8
09-11-06, 12:55 AM
i agree with all the advice on here, i've recently helped my brother through his first break up. (not saying that you will deal with that any time soon!)
but he is 16, and says that this girl has gone crazy and he just doesn't get it. like kfab said, we females are difficult to read- in fact, i'm realizing sometimes impossible to read, even cryptic at times!! and i told my brother to not let any strange things she does hurt him or make him feel any less confidence in him self. we all act in confusing ways mostly because we have our own issues to work out. i think it's good that you didn't say anything to her about her seeming annoyed, because i'm pretty sure it only seemed that way and if she was it was about something completely unrelated to you.

get ready for a very interesting phase however, discovering things about who you click with, and how much you can grow through it. it will provide the FULL range of emotions, which only makes us stronger!!