View Full Version : Fibromyalgia does Wellbutrin help you?

VisualImagery
09-10-06, 12:11 AM
The Cymbalta did not work, I am on Wellbutrin now and doing very well. I need to do some research to see if there is any data on this. There are so few treatments for Fibro and the knowledge of it is so lacking it makes it very hard to adapt to.

Fortunately, some research indicates treating ADD effectively relieves many of the symptoms of ADD.

I am just curious to know if anyone with both ADD and Fibro takes Wellbutrin and if they notice any improvement in their pain and fatigue.

Thanks,
RADD

jamf
09-10-06, 02:47 AM
Why arent patients with fibro allowed to take pain killers? I have a connective tissue disorder that makes my muscles, ligament, and joints sore and stiff. The tissue isnt as elastic as it should be. Is it better for us to constantly be in pain? How does that help anything.

To answer your question, I did notice some reduction in pain. Not much though. I feel a reduction in pain from amphetamines.

TwistedTerri
01-14-07, 01:26 PM
I think the pain med issue depends a lot on where you live and how afraid your docs are to prescribe. When I lived in a big city in KY, no pain meds. When I moved to a small hick town in KY, I got pain meds when needed. Now in a different state, they prescribe opiates for fibro at pain clinics, but your regular docs won't. They have to send you to pain clinic. It's a legal/political thing, I believe. Oh, yeah. Wellbutrin. Tried it a couple of years ago and couldn't stomach it. Seriously thinking of trying it again starting this week actually. My shrink and therapist and I decided if I ever needed an antidepressant that we would probably try wellbutrin first since these days ssri's and snri's make me crazy. Well, after almost a year, I think I'm finally depressed so I will probably start on wellbutrin Tuesday or Wed. Please keep me updated and I'll try to keep you updated as well. Sorry about the ramblin'...