View Full Version : Muchly confused!

Jasmine
09-23-06, 12:49 PM
Hi! This is my first thread here. I wanted to know if i had ADD, so my GP sent me to see a phychologist. I saw this guy for 15 minutes. Now i have a bottle of Dexamphetamine, a leaflet from the pharmacist and that's it! I started taking it 3 days ago. The only effect i can feel is that i can't sleep. I only get a few hours a night and don't have any 'tired' feeling. I'm pretty sure i have ADD but not 100%. I have no idea of what i'm supposed to expect from my medication, and the only info i have collected is from library books. I think i'm supposed to the the phychologist some time in October. I don't know anyone who i could talk to about ADD. I mean, what the hell is going on??:mad:

meadd823
09-23-06, 11:53 PM
Hi Jasmine wecome to the forums.

Dexamphetamine like Adderall?

Did you see a psychologist or a psychiatrist?

Are you on the long acting or regular release? What is your dosage? How many times are you taking your medication and when? More information is needed to even have a clue why you are not benefiting from you medication.

Are you hyperactive or inattentive or combination ADD? In other wards what symptoms are you having that leads you to believe you have ADD?

I may be able to give you ideas based upon my own personal experience however I am not in a position of offer medical advice Any suggestions offered here should be run by your medical professional for approval first.

Medications help most with ADD be able to consciously direct their attention even to task you find less than interesting.

livinginchaos
09-23-06, 11:54 PM
That's it? No tests?

I highly suggest you find a psychiatrist who specializes in ADHD.

Someone in the Australia forum might be able to suggest some
http://www.addforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=99

Best wishes!

Courtney