View Full Version : need some advice

lunaslobo
10-09-06, 10:05 AM
As I have stated before, I am building my own web site. What I need to know is that, are there any good software or anything that can teach html? I know the utter basics but want to learn more. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Foghat
10-17-06, 07:08 AM
As I have stated before, I am building my own web site. What I need to know is that, are there any good software or anything that can teach html? I know the utter basics but want to learn more. Thanks in advance for any and all help.I've tried this myself... I ended up paying the company that hosted my site for some "site building tools" to make my website for my business... It was pretty much a failure.

As to learning html... I hope you are medicated... because if you don't naturally like math and logic type stuff... if you have add... imho you are screwed and should outsource to a struggling computer science major.

If you can find an affinity for a computer language then you are way ahead of me... :D

Oh... If you do get a gooooood grasp on the subject... I have Ideas for about 120 websites that would make us both(and maybe others) milionaires!:eyebrow:

lunaslobo
10-18-06, 08:40 AM
Oh... If you do get a gooooood grasp on the subject... I have Ideas for about 120 websites that would make us both(and maybe others) milionaires

To become a millionaire i can get a grasp on just about anything. :rolleyes: but seriously I am finding some things so yes I am learning html very fast.

buffalopc7
10-18-06, 10:12 AM
To become a millionaire i can get a grasp on just about anything. :rolleyes: but seriously I am finding some things so yes I am learning html very fast.

Heres a roundabout, sorta odd way I used to teach myself HTML: I got Frontpage and Dreamweaver (plenty of old versions are available, for very little $$ and work just as well for this), uploaded sample templates and learned the coding by comparing the HTML for each template with whatever was occurring on the page. This was years ago, and at that time (now, I believe its not always possible), I would also view the code for websites (using IE) that I liked and cut and paste the code into Frontpage or Dreamweaver and alter the colors, text, images, etc., to better understand how to alter the page and thus, the code. I actually never use HTML anymore, as its always available via FP or DW to view, but the page itself doesn't usually need to be hand coded unless you are adding tweaks to the HTML. Good luck, hope this helps!

lunaslobo
10-18-06, 11:27 PM
Heres a roundabout, sorta odd way I used to teach myself HTML: I got Frontpage and Dreamweaver (plenty of old versions are available, for very little $$ and work just as well for this), uploaded sample templates and learned the coding by comparing the HTML for each template with whatever was occurring on the page. This was years ago, and at that time (now, I believe its not always possible), I would also view the code for websites (using IE) that I liked and cut and paste the code into Frontpage or Dreamweaver and alter the colors, text, images, etc., to better understand how to alter the page and thus, the code. I actually never use HTML anymore, as its always available via FP or DW to view, but the page itself doesn't usually need to be hand coded unless you are adding tweaks to the HTML. Good luck, hope this helps!
At the public library where i live they have some old cd's that have dw and fp i figured they were to old but now reading this i think i will bring them home and burn them. thanks. helps a lot.

lunaslobo
10-18-06, 11:29 PM
At the public library where i live they have some old cd's that have dw and fp i figured they were to old but now reading this i think i will bring them home and burn them. thanks. helps a lot.um i mean the public library in the town i live not that i live in the public library. not that would be so bad, never would be bored I love to read.(hmm meds must be wearing off, its getting late:eyebrow: ) just sounded odd.

Ichpuchtli
01-23-07, 02:12 AM
Software I use and would recommend is Dreamweaver. Building HTML and PHP Sites are simple in it. HTML is really good for begginers as it does not really have any varibles.

Umm If you are interested in Flash I would say Flash8 and that is because it is the only program I know that makes it with out as much coding. You can always pick up things like content managers but then you have to follow SQL databases but, I have done that with my website becuase it just makes it easier. It does require some knowledge of CSS though.

There are many ebooks and tutoril vids on how to make websites just search around for a while with google. I learnt by mistakes in this case, really just get in there make mistakes and figure out how things work.